On second round of W30 and results are same: NO PMS

aprilb

My first round of Whole30 was about 6 months ago. I started my period on Day 15, and literally had NO warning. It just came on! I wondered if it was a fluke that I felt absolutely no headaches, tiredness for the few days before, cramping, light constipation, etc., that would have tipped me off to Aunt Flow's imminent arrival. But with it being my first round of Whole30, it was hard to tell.

Today, I am on Day 18 of my second round. My period started. With literally no warning. It just happened. Not "sneaking in" as it sometimes does (I will spare you the details), but really going. No headaches, no tiredness for the few days before, no cramping or light constipation or anything else.

I'm tending to think this is no fluke, ladies! What a beautiful thing! Has anyone else experienced this?

• 2 weeks later...

I knew mine was going to start during my 3rd week (this is my first round) and was curious what if any effect it would have. I did notice my cramps were significantly less painful, and I wasn't as bloated as I usually am. Bleeding was still fairly heavy, but it wasn't heavy for as long as it usually is. I was not as moody either, definitely more stable, still a little tired. My appetite was bleh for a couple of days, but I pushed through and made myself eat food, I did end up having a warm banana porridge type meals for one of my breakfasts during that week, I just needed something warm and comforting and my stomach was not having eggs. 

I'm also hoping this is a trend that will continue. I have a small fibroid that makes bleeding heavy and cramps that are really painful most months, so any relief from that will be amazing. My periods used to be easy to deal with, up until the last couple of years, I'm hoping to get back to a more manageable level of discomfort. 

• 9 months later...

Aprilb, 

I´m so glad to hear that your pms was gone on your second round! I´m on day 22 of my first round of Whole30, and my biggest expectation with the diet (besides getting my waist back) was to have a relief on my PMS symptoms, which have always been a disaster: I always feel so tired, I want to eat all sugar in the world, yet I feel without any energy. I have headaches, and TERRIBLE MOOD. It all comes 2 weeks before my period. 

I don´t take any medications. My gynecologist prescribed Exodus a few months ago. I tried and I hated the effects (for example, I started eating 4x more). My period is about to come. I am feeling about 60% better, just with the diet. I´m so thankful already, but I´d love if it happened to me as for you. 

On 1/19/2017 at 8:49 AM, aprilb said:

My first round of Whole30 was about 6 months ago. I started my period on Day 15, and literally had NO warning. It just came on! I wondered if it was a fluke that I felt absolutely no headaches, tiredness for the few days before, cramping, light constipation, etc., that would have tipped me off to Aunt Flow's imminent arrival. But with it being my first round of Whole30, it was hard to tell.

Today, I am on Day 18 of my second round. My period started. With literally no warning. It just happened. Not "sneaking in" as it sometimes does (I will spare you the details), but really going. No headaches, no tiredness for the few days before, no cramping or light constipation or anything else.

I'm tending to think this is no fluke, ladies! What a beautiful thing! Has anyone else experienced this?

Same thing happened to me! Usually I am emotional and craving lots of food the week before my period. This time, it completely surprised me. I was away for the weekend and it just showed up! It was pretty remarkable haha. I still did get some cramps, but not as bad as usual. The biggest joy was the lack of mood swings. Yay! Good for people around me ;) Currently reintroducing foods so curious how the next cycle turns out...actually just checked the app I track my period and it's supposed to arrive in 2 days. Which means it still would have been a surprise. 

Wow.. good for you girls...

I´m feeling sad. But still, I´m 70% better, because I´m not craving at all, and not feeling tired. I hope it gets better next cycle, because I´m not gonna stop making the Whole30. I´m gonna continue it and still profit different food in special occasions. 

• 1 month later...

Yes!!! I am on day 10 and my cycle showed up on Day 8 completely "unannounced". No PMS, no cravings for the sweet/salty stuff, no cramps, no bloating, no hormonal acne. I am not crazy exhausted and my flow was heavy but for only one day. I love it!!!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived