Whole 30 affected by fire

stephonthego

Hello All! 

So this is not my first Whole 30 journey, my first was July 2016 and I fell off of the wagon, and then again a couple of times after that. I was determined to have a GREAT whole 30 January. On day 3 of my whole 30, my family's home had a fire. Luckily, we are ok, as is most of the house is ok, but we have moved out temporarily for the most part. I did not want to let this ruin my whole 30, because eating junk food and feeling junky wasn't going to undo the fire. 

I have essentially been living off of salad bars/room service/whole foods whatever I can find, but I realized that I slipped up the other day and had non-complaint whole 30 meat at chipotle. I didn't feel good in my stomach or my head. At this point, for all intents and purposes, I am on day 18. I mostly feel good, no more evil self-deprecating thoughts about what I have consumed, But I just want to be as good as I can be. Any advice for hotel living? I have definitely fallen prey to Lara bars in the past so I am trying to stay away from them now. 

Any advice/tips or encouragement would be much appreciated. 

Thank you! 

Does the room have a microwave or refrigerator? Do you have access to things from your home, like a slow cooker and a cooler (if no fridge)? Does the hotel have a continental breakfast? If so, they usually have a microwave and offer hard-boiled eggs.

A slow cooker can be used to make all kinds of one-pot meals and there are recipes all over the internet. Store leftovers in mason jars and you can reheat and eat right in the jars. Eggs and Aidell's Chicken Apple sausage can be scrambled in a microwave for breakfast. 

How long will you be displaced?

2 hours ago, JoyfullyCheryl said:

Does the room have a microwave or refrigerator? Do you have access to things from your home, like a slow cooker and a cooler (if no fridge)? Does the hotel have a continental breakfast? If so, they usually have a microwave and offer hard-boiled eggs.

A slow cooker can be used to make all kinds of one-pot meals and there are recipes all over the internet. Store leftovers in mason jars and you can reheat and eat right in the jars. Eggs and Aidell's Chicken Apple sausage can be scrambled in a microwave for breakfast. 

How long will you be displaced?

I requested a fridge in the room, so I keep some fruit and usually leftovers of salads in there, I'm also working on only eating what I need and not everything on my plate. The Hotel doesn't have a continental breakfast, but this morning I ordered a 3 egg omelette with mushrooms, avocado, and bacon. Potatoes on the side and no toast. This was a great meal because it kept me full until about 3 PM. 

I think that if we are there much longer (we really don't know) I will do some meal prep this weekend and just bring it with me. 

Archived