Feeling a little Binge-y....

MingoNW

Ok... I'm on my 11th day, with another 11 before that with some restarts, and today I'm feeling a bit binge-y... Had some dinner with veggies, all on track, but then I had some coconut butter....and a little more coconut butter... and a little more coconut butter..... and then a primal pac.... and now I'm thinking about walnuts, my go-to binge snack. Now all of this is fairly compliant, so I haven't gone off track but I'm thinking about going to Whole Foods to get some bulk walnuts in the morning before work. ! Binge mentality, which has been waning in the last week, is upon me this evening....

Part of it might be frustration with several recipes this weekend, part of it might be stress about having been laid off this week, although I haven't FELT particularly stressed this weekend, have been in good spirits with good energy.

I was worried when I tasted the coconut butter that it might set off a binge because it was a bit sweet and dessert-y.... There's no real purpose to eating it except kind of a treat mentality, wanting to have something "special"

Primal pacs are borderline, too, because of the nuts and the small piece of dried mango in there....

In spite of the fact that I spent $6 on the coconut butter just yesterday, I think I may have to toss it.... I can't be trusted!! GATEWAY DRUG!!!!

It was on day 22 I felt like that. The thing is I don't normally even have a sweet tooth but I found myself prowling the house, hunting through shelves and cupboards to see if I had anything sweet that was vaguely compliant :)

This is what I wrote in my log "Day 22 Really struggled today. Would have been happy to eat nonstop. Know I ate too much and too much fruit. I've never had a sugar addiction, never really had a sweet tooth, yet today I definitely wanted sugar - strange"

Fortunately it was only the one day and after that it got much easier. Hang in there and good luck with the job situation

I think part of the issue is that for the most part over the past few weeks, I've been looking forward to the food I've been eating. It's been SOOO GOOD, not a sacrifice. But this weekend many of my recipes were just not that good to me, and so I looked for a substitute that I enjoyed. So I think I just need to pay attention to that. And maybe it's ok if I just keep making the chicken thighs, and the Chocolate Chili with avocado from Well Fed!....

I agree with what you said above, make sure you make food you enjoy! You don't have to become a chef or be a kitchen hero...you can eat the same thing everyday and be perfectly healthy. Also, make sure you actually are "well fed". Eat more during the day and at meals...sometimes those physical binge cravings come simply because we haven't eaten enough that day, that week or ever. You may want to incorporate walnuts or coconut butter into your meals so you still get a taste but it's balanced with lighter veggies. Good luck!

Archived