Excited for my family

Tasha

I just completed my first Whole 30. About 10 days ago my Dad said "you convinced me" and started his own Whole 30 and my Mom (who was Paleoish) started it as well to support him. On November 1st I will start my second Whole 30 and my husband, sister and her boyfriend will be joining me!

Color me jealous! Been trying to infiltrate my little world and only caught the BF so far. Gave the book to my mom, but she hasn't read it yet. She does have a lot going on, so I kind of understand. Really want my parents to get on a whole 30. My dad is very picky about his food so I seriously doubt he will ever even try it.

• 2 months later...

Just an update on this: my parents (62 and 60) completed their Whole30 which shocked me--my Dad is a notorious food sneak. My Mom has been Paleo for over a year and so has influence on what my Dad eats for meals, but he makes his own choices in regards to snacking etc. My Mom lost 8 lbs and my Dad almost 12--he said he "felt like a butterfly."

My husband completed his Whole 30 and lost 15 lbs. He has since adopted a mostly Paleo lifestyle (when previously convinced he couldn't give up dairy). Over Christmas had occasional treats and merriment (while still remaining gluten-free--something we've made as a choice for our family). He maintained his weight loss over the holidays and then started back on focusing on w30 principals/paleo lifestyle and has now lost an additional 10. This is weight he has been struggleing to lose for 7 years (since our honeymoon!) I should mention he wasn't very overweight, he had around 30-40 extra pounds on him so this is quite an accomplishment--I couldn't believe in 30 days he could lose the weight he had been struggling with for YEARS. He also has had issues with ulcers, and concerns re digestion as his father and sister both have Crohn's (his sister died from it at 25) and is feeling significantly and substantially better, and that for him is the key. He didn't realize how terrible he actually felt before, and how his aches/pains/bloating had just become part of the norm.

Archived