Hey there! I'm on day 19 of my first W30, and I'm considering doing a Whole60 instead. I'm not completely sure though. Here's some specifics:

-I am 18 years old, and not extremely concerned about loosing weight (would be nice), but more about destroying cravings and beating my sugar dragon (I'm terrified, really, that I'll get off of Whole30 and spiral out of control. Not sure how to set good guidelines for myself and trying to navigate Food Freedom)

-Not sure if a Whole60 is worth it? There's lots of special events coming up in February for me, so I'm considering doing a whole60 because the structure will be extremely help keep me on track, but I also don't want to miss out on those special events. In addition though, I've always considered food a huge part of celebrations (I think because of an emotional attachment/bad relationship with food) and fixate on those things sometimes during events. I dont want to ruin those events by spiralling out of control, but I want to be a person in control of what I eat and enjoy those things in the process.

Does anyone have any input? Still having cravings like crazy for sweets, (really have to lay off of the Larabars...), but I want to get the most out of this and live in Food Freedom.

Thanks in advance :)

Archived