day 16 struggling and tired

Helena61

Hi this is my second whole 30 although I did my first quite a while ago. It has been going well but today is day 16 and I just want carbs and sugar. I am so tired. I thought I was suppose to be feeling more energetic and good about myself by this day. I don't feel like I am seeing much in the way of results for weigh loss either. I could use some advice and encouragement please and thank you

I feel your pain. I am on day 19 and have had headaches for the past three days, feel bloated again, and my energy is sapped even with plenty of sleep. As frustrating as it is, we need to keep pushing forward! My hope is that things will eventually level out again and this part will be worth it. Don't give up, you've come this far...you are more than halfway and that is an achievement in itself!

What are you guys eating in terms of fat? Are you salting your food? And drinking enough water?

If you can list out a few days worth of your food/liquid intake along with activity levels we can take a look and see if you maybe need to make some tweaks....

I am a teacher, so I'm on my feet a lot. I'm not currently working out though due to lack of Tiger Blood at this point (and not much free time--I'm in the process of selling my home, so I'm prepping for that and working to keep things clean and in order). I have an Apple Watch which I use to track water intake. I try to have 110 oz. a day. I usually salt things with sea salt or kosher salt. Here is yesterday's meals:

Breakfast: Pumpkin breakfast custard with walnuts and coffee with coconut milk

Lunch: Spaghetti squash with meat sauce and a banana

Dinner: Two over easy eggs, 3 slices of bacon, and roasted potatoes (eggs and potatoes cooked in ghee)

Today's meals:

Breakfast: Apple with almond butter, coffee with coconut milk 

Lunch: Bowl of chili and small handful of almonds and macadamia nuts

Dinner: Shredded chicken with ranch and Frank's Red Hot, cauliflower rice cooked in ghee, and celery

16 minutes ago, caitnicole said:

I am a teacher, so I'm on my feet a lot. I'm not currently working out though due to lack of Tiger Blood at this point (and not much free time--I'm in the process of selling my home, so I'm prepping for that and working to keep things clean and in order). I have an Apple Watch which I use to track water intake. I try to have 110 oz. a day. I usually salt things with sea salt or kosher salt. Here is yesterday's meals:

Breakfast: Pumpkin breakfast custard with walnuts and coffee with coconut milk

Lunch: Spaghetti squash with meat sauce and a banana

Dinner: Two over easy eggs, 3 slices of bacon, and roasted potatoes (eggs and potatoes cooked in ghee)

Today's meals:

Breakfast: Apple with almond butter, coffee with coconut milk 

Lunch: Bowl of chili and small handful of almonds and macadamia nuts

Dinner: Shredded chicken with ranch and Frank's Red Hot, cauliflower rice cooked in ghee, and celery

Have you seen the recommended meal template? These meals are not even close - no protein (nuts are a fat for Whole30 purposes) and (for the most part) no veg - build each of your meals to match the template and you'll fee a WHOLE lot better. Breakfast really sets the tone for the day so if you're under-nourished at breakfast you tend to spend the rest of the day playing catch up, and consider the effect of this in cumulative terms.

As an aside nuts (& seeds) are an inferior fat source due to their omega 3:6 ratio - we'd recommend a closed handful (or equivalent of their by products) every other day, max.

Hope this helps.

Archived