Restless Leg Syndrome

Hi all, 

I was just wondering if anyone on the W30 has ever seen any improvement in their RLS? I'm on Day 24 and the last couple of nights I've felt like my RLS medicine is screwing up my sleep like it did when the Dr once set the dose too high - like my normal dose now feels too high and I'm not getting the normal "creepy" feelings in my shins at night like I used to. I mean, I'm thrilled, but I don't remember seeing RLS in the books. I'm reading Food Freedom Forever right now and looking forward to doing W30 long after day 30. :)

Liz

Thank you Sugarcube - for the advice and fixing that typo!! I tried googling it, but got results mostly for RLS treatments. I tried again this morning with a different search combo and was able to find a FaceBook post where a W30'er did have her RLS go away! I am so happy I've been able to stick with it this time around (this is day 25!). I don't have any desire to reintroduce any foods at all. I may actually even have a bit of the tiger blood today! Will definitely check with my doctor. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

My restless legs are definitely better since whole 30, I think 90% of that is due to no alcohol and no caffeine.  I had to stop coffee because I hated the taste after whole 30 and when I reintroduced alcohol, my legs immediately reacted.  Still struggle with it sometimes but my meds are keeping it under control and not augmenting like they were before.  Alcohol is a huge trigger, if I ever drink now, I am prepared to take extra meds.  What meds to you take for RLS?  I went from three  .125 mirapexes to two and am working my way down to switching to a single neupro patch.  

Archived