February 6th begins the new "us"

Henderson Team

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Carmen Azcona said:

Woohoo Day 14!! @Georgina2 I will also be cooking and prepping all day. Also, PSA: If you have a Whole Foods near you, I highly recommend their Paleo Turkey Bacon. It's delicious.

That paleo turkey bacon (I think it's Willshire?) is a favorite of mine. It's more like Canadian bacon and a true protein source unlike bacon-bacon. I roast the whole package (on foil on a sheet pan; start in a 350 degree cold oven and check after 15 minutes; broil for a minute if you like) and it's a part of my grab-and-go breakfasts. 

It's 60 degrees here in Connecticut today so I just had to get outside. My daughter and I did a 4 mile walk that I've done many times and I could hardly get through it. I took a 2 hour nap this afternoon because I'm so tired today. I was a little relieved to read that some of you have been feeling tired lately. I actually felt better the first week. I don't feel like I'm getting sick so I'm just hoping this is all normal and will improve soon. The last 2 Sundays I cooked all day to get ready for the week but just couldn't do it today. Fingers crossed for a good week despite the lack of prep. Good luck everyone in week 3!

We squeezed in a family movie night last night (that turned into a nap for me!). Fighting fatigue here but having bursts of energy. I've been cooking and cleaning more without having to push so hard to get through it. I cannot believe we're almost 1/2 way there!!

Still looking for compliant bacon :-( . Has anyone tried any of the compliant Tessemae's dressings/sauces? I've considered ordering them but not sure they are worth it.

Had a big win moment today. Came home from after church shopping which took much longer than it should have and I was starving! I didn't think I had much for leftovers but I managed to put this toget her in under 10 minutes. Tried coconut aminos for the 1st time. Delicious!!

20170219_141347.jpg

6 minutes ago, The Conquista_girls said:

Still looking for compliant bacon :-( . Has anyone tried any of the compliant Tessemae's dressings/sauces? I've considered ordering them but not sure they are worth it.

Compliant bacon: nakedbaconco.com - very delicious I would order a few packs at a time because they are a little slow on shipping

And if you have a Fairway by you they sell Tessemae's dressings. I am in my reintro period so I bought the honey mustard dressing and am letting myself have some honey, but it is very delicious! I've heard good things about their compliant dressings too.

I ordered the Tessamae's whole30 starter pack - ketchup, bbq sauce, balsamic vinegrette, and buffalo sauce.  The ketchup is great.  The bbq sauce is okay, but very vinegery.  I haven't tried the other two yet.

I don't know where to buy it nationally as we get it from an Italian specialty market, but we use 'Original Bende Hungarian Brand Smoked Bacon'.

Today, I prepped the tuna salad for the raw collard greens which act as the bread or shell. Who needs glue-ten ... Not this girl. It was pretty good!! I found it on the Instagram whole 30 recipe site. It's a dude this week which I enjoyed. Tonight, I'm also making one of his recipes... Curry shrimp which I shall put on top of cauliflower rice. Should be good and tasty. 

I'm feeling pretty good today. Not sure if that's a fluke but I take it!!

2 hours ago, Mrs. V said:

@MaryLu. I have been exhausted today too! I had to take a nap myself. Glad to know it's not just me. 

@MaryLu and @Mrs. V  I am really tired today too.  I have been feeling really good, but today... I woke up at 9 and have been dragging.  I pushed myself through prep and just finished with dinner, and I still have laundry to do.  Hope I have more energy tomorrow!

BTW, @Mrs. V we watched "the sugar film" on Friday night... As I walked around the store today, I really looked at thing differently... disgust!

@Henderson Team. Me too! I made my mom watch it yesterday and that shocked her. 

On a side note, yesterday we celebrated my 8yo bday and my 2yo bday. Making a small cake and cookies without tasting anything was Not Easy! But all the non-w30ers said it was good so I was relieved! 

The adults had the egg roll in a bowl. Anyone tried it? We used coconut secret garlic sauce and it was SO GOOD! 

So what did you guys prep this weekend?  I made zuchetti (zucchini noodles), chicken meatballs, pesto (ZOMG, SO GOOD!!!), salsa, tomato sauce, butternut squash soup, roasted spaghetti squash.  I have chicken thighs marinating to cook tomorrow.  I had other things planned but ran out of time.

@Georgina2  We has Italian Meatball soup with chard... have left overs for one night this next week.  Prepped Asian Salad with grilled chicken, roasted almonds for the salad and walnuts for a future quiche, and baked salmon patties for lunches;  This weeks dinner plans include leftovers, Jamaica Jerk chicken with plantains, coconut crusted cod... we also made 3 batches of taco meat for the freezer for "last minute meals".  

Also went through the freezer and made a list of the various meats that can be cooked to limit the upcoming grocery bill.  We will be cooking from the list  :D so we will only have to add the veggies. 

Gosh, after it is all written out, I feel like it was a successful weekend for being so tired!

Hope everyone has an amazing week...hoping the energy returns soon!

My budget is wiped, so all our meat came out of the freezer this week except husband is going to pick up some fish from Trader Joe's later this week.  We about halved our usual grocery spending, but it will use up all our meat and veggies on hand so next weeks shopping will be expensive again, sigh.,,,

Hi, y'all.  I'm a Feb 6th starter, too.  Day 15 is exciting!  Good going!  I have one issue I wanted to run by you. I'm generally feeling great, and face and skin look fresher.  It's not that I'm sleepy or exhausted at all, but when I start a workout or hike or run, my legs just feel like lead. (and my hamstrings are aggravated again).  Today I'm taking a workout rest day.  Anyone had similar?  Thanks.

@JCB I have found the last couple times I went to barre class that my legs could not hold up.  Last time they were shaking so bad I thought I was going to collapse!  I see a lot of runners in the exercise forum complaining of similar.  I hope it gets better soon.

I feel kinda crappy this morning.  Woke up feeling good, had breakfast of eggs and salsa and 1 cup coffee and after I ate started feeling yucky.  My salsa was really garlicy, maybe it was too early in the morning for that?  Or I'm dehydrated from it?  I'm on my second can of LaCroix so hopefully I start feeling better soon because I have a lot to do today.

sinus  headache from my cold.  including nausea

Liked the Tessa mae BBQ sauce more than making my own. I would add a dash of liquid smoke and if you have compliant hot sauce add that too as it is pretty sweet

no prep due to cold so will see how that effects the week.  it is also kid's spring break so that  messes up schedule

Day 15 — congrats, everyone! We made it to the halfway mark.

I had a successful weekend, despite having a dinner out at a local diner and brunch at a friend's house over the weekend. I managed to not only stay compliant but also content. I wasn't tortured by all the waffles, French toast, syrups, etc. that surrounded me.

So I feel pretty good about that.

I'm not on track with exercise and energy, though — there's no exercise going on here and I'm sleeping way too much. But since I'm in the midst of a flare, I'm not sure how much of that is W30 related vs. lupus related. Honestly, if I could, I'd just stay in bed right now.

Here's hoping for some Tiger Blood this week.

Good luck, all.

1 hour ago, Eccentrica said:

Day 15 — congrats, everyone! We made it to the halfway mark.

I had a successful weekend, despite having a dinner out at a local diner and brunch at a friend's house over the weekend. I managed to not only stay compliant but also content. I wasn't tortured by all the waffles, French toast, syrups, etc. that surrounded me.

So I feel pretty good about that.

I'm not on track with exercise and energy, though — there's no exercise going on here and I'm sleeping way too much. But since I'm in the midst of a flare, I'm not sure how much of that is W30 related vs. lupus related. Honestly, if I could, I'd just stay in bed right now.

Here's hoping for some Tiger Blood this week.

Good luck, all.

YES!! Here is hoping to that Tiger Blood soon.  I haven't felt any surges of energy unless I have a second cup of coffee or Kombucha.  I wake up with my body feeling like lead and workouts are still exhausting and much harder than they should be.  I too have made it through a few nights out with friends and a weekend away so feeling good about staying on track with eating habits.  

Hi all!  I hadn't signed in for a couple of days, and after I lost my voice Saturday, I felt like I needed a nap all day yesterday.  By 6:30 pm, I just couldn't stay awake any longer so went to bed and slept 12 hours!  I thought I might be getting sick even though the voice and exhaustion were my only symptoms... then I am reading how others of you have been tired the last couple of days too.  I feel a little more awake today (who wouldn't after 12 hours of sleep).  I had planned some food prep yesterday with all kinds of ingredients waiting in the fridge, including some fresh-from-the-garden veggies from a friend (the best kind!), but I couldn't drag myself into the kitchen one more time.  So I'm hoping I will have the energy to make/prep a few things after work today. 

Great job staying with it, everyone!  You inspire me!      

Archived