February 6th begins the new "us"

Henderson Team

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dinner tonight was Asian Salad and Scallops.  Very yummy.  I cannot say this is my last Whole 30 meal as we have the week planned.  Tomorrow is Harrissa Salmon, and then on to the Mexican Twice Baked Potatoes.  We have truly enjoyed the food, and think the recipes are amazing. 

I am looking forward charting progress tomorrow, but I am not done.  I like the new me, and the eating three squares a day has been great.  I do not think I am real excited about any reintroduction... I am happy where I am.  So I think I will take this day by day.  

I actually feel a little sad that our 30 is over... where do we post after this?  How do we continue to support each other. 

You all have been amazing... I ave enjoyed sharing this journey with everyone!

Best of luck on Day 31- and life integrated with Whole30.

1 minute ago, Henderson Team said:

Have you tried the rutabaga fries with spicy ketchup?  Your burger makes me hungry again!

I have not tried that but it sounds delicious!! I will have to definitely try to make that sometime in the future. I'm just gonna eat the burgers by themselves with tons of veggies on top. If I feel the need for an accompaniment I might go for my favorite new snack, carrots dipped in spicy guacamole. 

Yes!! And I agree.. not sure if it's actually my last day or not but going to celebrate by having a fun meal.  My cravings have been strong (so many people seem to be posting their In N Out photos right now on social media lol).  A burger is a great idea!

I'm going to make these zesty chicken breast tenders with W30 approved ketchup and roasted potatoes/broccoli.  YUM!  Also mixing cholula+W30mayo for the potatoes is so good - feels like it's cheating.

3 minutes ago, stinagrace said:

Yes!! And I agree.. not sure if it's actually my last day or not but going to celebrate by having a fun meal.  My cravings have been strong (so many people seem to be posting their In N Out photos right now on social media lol).  A burger is a great idea!

I'm going to make these zesty chicken breast tenders with W30 approved ketchup and roasted potatoes/broccoli.  YUM!  Also mixing cholula+W30mayo for the potatoes is so good - feels like it's cheating.

I got some really good news today and seriously considered taking my girls out for ice cream or dinner or something to celebrate, thought about having some ice cream or frozen yogurt myself, but I decided it's not worth it. it's still hard.

Tonight I had a slow cooker chicken leg with tomato and spices, avocado, and cauliflower rice. I didn't really enjoy it, I'm just not a big chicken fan. 

Hi everyone. I, too, have been lurking on this group since I started Whole 30 on February 6.  I really didn't know if I would do this, but here I am!  Yay!  I have felt better most of the time, but I did have four days of flu last weekend.  I think I am going to continue on to 45-60 maybe, but I definitely will be doing the re-introduction whenever I decide to stop the program.  I am anxious to see my numbers tomorrow.  It was a long 30 days but toward the end it didn't really seem like it could possibly be 30 days :) Congratulations to all of you for sticking it out, and good luck to you as you continue or reintroduce. This group was great and very helpful, and so was the newsletter. Thank you.

I haven't been checking in, but thought I'd share an update. First, congrats to everyone on this accomplishment, and best of luck with your next steps, whether it's reintroduction, W45, W60 or otherwise! I'm planning to do a slow reintro, but stick mostly to the plan, as I'm thrilled with the results.

I am happy to report some great NSVs including clear skin (even at my time of the month), significantly improved anxiety symptoms, enthusiasm for new workouts including running (which I normally hate), enjoying lots of new recipes and creating healthy habits with my fiance. I've also lost five pounds, and fit into an old pair of jeans! Thanks to everyone for making this journey much easier than it could have been.

Congratulations to everyone for completing an amazing 30 days!  Thank you to everyone for all your willingness to share your struggles, ideas and most of all your words of encouragement.  I am choosing to continue on this journey for at least another 30 days because although I've seen some great changes I know I still have a way to go.  For those of you who (like me) are not doing a reintroduction at this time would you be interested in starting a Whole60 group? I personally would like to continue with the forum support but might find it difficult to do so in a group who's majority of participants are in the reintroduction phase.  Let me know your thoughts! :) :) :)

Congratulations to everyone for making it all the way through.

The most difficult 48 hours on W30 happened this past weekend and I made it through. I think this is my biggest NSV. 

Despite seeming perfectly healthy, my 10 year old came home saying her stomach hurt. Thinking it was the beginning of the stomach bug, I eventually sent her to bed. Long, exhausting, fighting with the doctors story short, 16 hours later she went in for an emergency appendectomy. 

The whole time I was at the hosital I stayed compliant. Plain tea in the face of my favorite, yummy, comforting Starbucks lattes, plain lettuce plates and 100% beef hockey pucks for protein, but I made it. I wouldn't have if it weren't for a big assist by my oldest who brought me some food to snack on late Saturday. 

I'm happy to say my daughter is fine. It was closer than I'd like and I thank God that we pressed for more tests throughout the night. 

Here's my biggest victory. The closest I came to emotional eating was having a baked potato with my lunch when we got home from the hospital. No self-medicating my crazy stress level with food. The next day, I kept my commitment to myself and went to my circuit workout. At 3 different stations I held back tears. At the end, I walked out the back door, leaned against the wall and sobbed.  For a full 3 minutes. And then it just stopped because I was done. 

I'll be continuing with my W30 experience. I am pleased with my results, lost some weight, lost quite a few inches. But, it's these kind of moments (NOT that I want another sick kid!!), learning that I can feel my emotions without the help of a food insulater that I need more time to experience. I'm proud of myself for this 1st step.

Good luck to everyone who is beginning reintroduction!

And TallGirlBabyFace & Mrs. V... sorry for the tags. No matter which device I used to post in the forum, the tags wouldn't delete!!

@TallGirlBabyFace 

@Mrs. V

We did it!

Because I didn't took  measurements when we started I looked at myself in the mirror and evaluate all the NSV first. Then I jumped on the scale and it was a total surprise when i saw that  I lost 10 pounds.I haven't lost weight for  many many months not matter how I eat.even going to a nutritionist and expending lots of money.

NNSV

1Way more energy.

2 Better health.

3 My clothes fit much better.

4 I fit in a size smaller pant.

5 Better skin.

6 Not more acid reflux.

7 Not more stomach issues.

8 I learned  that everything has sugar even the salmon I was eating before thinking that was a healthy meal!

9 I don't care about pastries or bagels anymore.

10 I learn how to listen to my body.

11 I'm a happier person!

Thanks whole 30 and thanks  to all of you, I will reintroduce the foods just to see the effect they have on me like the book recommend and after those days I will continue with the whole 30 , a new journey for me but it looks like a happy one.

I will follow the new thread  February 6'ers...

12 minutes ago, MaryLu said:

Where in Ct. do you live?  I'm in Guilford.

9 minutes ago, The Conquista_girls said:

@MaryLu - we're not far! I am in Middletown.

I work in Hartford so I drive through Middletown every day.  Maybe we could get together some time! :)

Congratulations to everyone on their NSV's and all the other wonderful benefits you have experienced from Whole30.

I'm doing a nine day reintro but I did weigh myself yesterday and I lost eleven pounds!

Some of my NSVs:

Whiter teeth

Better sleep

Happier attitude

My boyfriend's brother said I have a glow about me and have less bags under my eyes, woohoo!

Archived