February 6th begins the new "us"

Henderson Team

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Georgina2 said:

Jen that is super smart!

I intended to prep on Sunday but various things got in my way,. I hope to be better this coming weekend. 

I am having horrible stomach cramps tonight and am bloated, I think it's all these vegetables I'm not used to. Anyone else going through that?

My stomach is better now but I was in immense physical pain early yesterday morning and the night before. My stomach was clenching and I could hardly sleep. I don't think my stomach has ever been in so much pain. It's slowly been getting better but still not great.

My niece went through this too. She started Monday also. Except hers hit on day 2 but she's better now. 

On a different note, Bulletproof coffee (coconut milk & ghee) has made all the difference. I'm up all hours of the night with my 6 month old and, I need coffee in the morning sometimes to help get me moving. 

Last night was so bad, I swear my stomach was distended by several inches.  It still hurt when I went to sleep at 10:30.  This morning is much better.  I was running really late though so all I had for breakfast was coffee w/ coconut cream and a banana.  I think I might try the low FODMAP diet since I have a history of IBS anyway.  My IBS has been pretty well under control for the last several years since I had allergy testing done and cut my food allergens out of my diet (corn, peanuts, some tree nuts, tea, and more) but this change in food with w30 seems to have brought it back with a vengeance.  I also have suspected for a while I might have issues with foods in the nightshade family, but I don't want to cut those out too right now because what the heck would be left to eat?!

I love reading about everyone's experiences.  I have had a headache from day 2 until this morning and have been soooo tired!  But no stomache issues.  In fact, my stomache is typically grumbly/gassy everytime I eat and I've noticed that hasn't been happening in the past few days. I can't wait to get that mountain of energy soon because I was really unproductive at work today.

Yay to the end of day 4! Stomach still not good but made sure I drank my water and some peppermint tea. Ate my 3 meals although I went easy on the raw veggies to see if that helped. Took advantage of the snow day and the put a brisket in the slow cooker, roasted acorn squash and sautéed some sugar snap peas. Delicious! 

My stomach is also better today but not great. No raw veggies for me today either, and I'm going mostly low FODMAP going forward (you'll pry my garlic out of my cold, dead hands).

Is anyone using a compliant probiotic? I want to look for one tof help with the gut healing.

Hi all, my name is Ceci, I also started on February 6 , I would like to join this blog if you don't mind. I have a friend who  did this program and she looks great and feel even better,  so I decided to start too. I'm 5'9" and 240 Lbs. My weight went out of control after taking a medication that I not longer use. Few months ago I found out  that I have thyroid problems (hypothyroidism ) so now I'm on medication an my thyroid seems to be stable .Its time for me to see if I can get back on my ideal weight and be healthy. I have headaches for the las two days and I also feel like a whole in my stomach, nor sure if that is hunger or what,  because I use to skip lots of meals and I was never hungry. I also feel very tired. Is this happening to any of you?

On 2/8/2017 at 5:00 PM, Georgina2 said:

Heading down to prepare the third meal of the day on day three and I am already sick of cooking.  For Pete's sake, cooking/food prepping three times a day is ridiculous.  

Hi! JUST hit Day 30 yesterday! I'm with you 1000%! What saved me is breakfast casseroles. I would make it either Sunday night or Monday morning and eat it for 6 DAYS and then make a new one. Was just me in my house on W30. So I would eat 2 squares each morning and some fruit and I was good to go! This way I only had to worry about lunch and dinner. Also, once you get in a groove you'll make extra at dinner so you can have leftovers the next day for lunch. This way you only have to really worry about  dinner each day  saved me on my Whole30 journey anyway  

Back to the brekky....Most of the casseroles give you the right amount of protein and veggies so don't really have to worry about your portion size. Stick with it! One more week and it'll be gravy! 

Welcome, Ceci!  What a great group here!

I agree with Ntruffin, eat the same breakfast every day.  Then I make enough dinner to have leftovers for lunch the next day... that's the only way I'm getting through.  A batch of good chili or soup sitting in the fridge or a couple portions in the freezer is always good, too.  I am cooking way more than ever but am trying to figure out how to batch cook and more efficient ways.

I just discovered malanga root which makes a fantastic substitute for rice.  It's a very starchy root veggie, so I don't need much, and bonus... it's low FODMAP and apparently very allergy friendly.  I had it tonight for dinner with Thai green curry - yum!

I'm glad day four is over. Tough couple of events. Happy hour with several girlfriends and dinner with my hus and another couple. I'm SUPER happy to report I am still compliant although happy hour is not as happy without my lovely red wine. Yes, you're right it's not about the drinking and more about relationships blah blah blah. I really wanted the darn wine. But they were all super supportive as I knew they would be and dinner with our friends turned out OK.

OK day five... Don't hurt me.

1 hour ago, Garts Girl said:

I'm glad day four is over. Tough couple of events. Happy hour with several girlfriends and dinner with my hus and another couple. I'm SUPER happy to report I am still compliant although happy hour is not as happy without my lovely red wine. Yes, you're right it's not about the drinking and more about relationships blah blah blah. I really wanted the darn wine. But they were all super supportive as I knew they would be and dinner with our friends turned out OK.

OK day five... Don't hurt me.

Way to stay strong! I have said no to two events this week as I knew I wouldn't be able to keep my head on straight. I'm feeling much better today and am heading out of town this weekend for our annual snowboarding trip - we go for Vday and usually drink TONS of wine. Not sure how I will make it through that!

Weekends are so tough! Most of my friends are craft beer aficionados, and we also have several chefs in the group. Not easy!

My fiancee and I are planning to go to a concert tonight at a brewery (that I love...ugh), but they also sell compliant kombuchas, so at least I can enjoy something fizzy. Kombuchas and LaCroixs saved my social life in my last W30...hoping for the same this time.

Anyone else have good strategies for social engagements? 

social  engagements - that old advice make sure you eat first and don't go hungry, bring a dish you can eat

did make a terrific dish from W30 book yesterday, grilled steak with garlic shallot puree and avocado.  I put extra garlic in the puree and dspouse said it would be "tasty on a flip-flop"  it being February we  seared the steak in the big cast iron skillet and finished them in the oven, already hot from roasting the garlic.  didn't' bother to heat the avocado.

my weekend plan  is to take a fancy fruit salad to the potluck I am going to and just bring enough protein for myself, rest of events are watching performances where no food is served

plans always help

Re: Social engagements- I quit drinking a long time ago, and when I did I was very nervous for people's reaction, but what I found was that 99% of people couldn't care less.  Almost no one even notices when you aren't drinking a beer or cocktail, they just care about having conversation and a good time.  The very rare times when someone does make a big deal about a person not drinking, it's usually because they are insecure about their own alcohol consumption.  They think that you not drinking is a reflection on them drinking too much.  So if anyone does hassle you, remember it's about them, not you.

I always take something I can drink and will enjoy to parties- either La Croix or a sparkling juice.  Food wise, if it's a potluck bring a dish you can eat so you are sure you have something.  We aren't really club/restaurant people, so I don't have advice for that but I guess try to engineering going someplace where you can find something compliant?  Ask for simple food like a baked potato and steak cooked in oil so you don't have to worry?

The main thing is to remember, people really aren't judging you even if you think they are, so relax and stick to your guns and have fun!

All excellent advice to remember — thank you! I've realized that although I do love my alcoholic beverages, sometimes I just need something in my hand to drink, no matter what it is. I'm also looking forward to a "Galentine's Day" ladies brunch at work next week. I'm planning to bring something compliant to share (maybe mini sausage and veg frittatas), and I'll play by ear if I can enjoy any other items.

T.G.I.F...Have a great weekend!

Hi all, today I feel  a little better from my headaches, so far so good, still compliant, I have an egg and spinach frittata for breakfast and spinach and kale salad with eggs and some raw sunflower seeds and avocado, dressing olive oil and apple cider vinegar  for lunch.

This is the first weekend on the diet and  I will be traveling, not so great idea right?  but on the other hand this is real life not being able to be at your house all the time.Specially if you work full time like I do. I will be eating restaurant, any advice ?

have a great weekend everybody.

Archived