February 6th begins the new "us"

Henderson Team

@Georgina2  Thanks for the info, I will have to check Aldi's next time I go.

Does anybody have any suggestions for the flu.  I just want some comfort food, and I don't know what I can eat that will help with the blah feeling of wanting something like toast or oatmeal or something...

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Shelly1005 said:

@JenHZ  Two great suggestions, and I have both.  I am glad I got on here today - my first day on the forum.  My brain is not thinking clearly with not feeling well, and I was at a standstill.  Thank you!

I also love adding avocado on top of roasted sweet potato - that's my comfort food :)  

@Justin24 I too never get headaches, but definitely have had one since last night.  I thought about Tylenol, which I NEVER take, but it has corn in it... go figure.  So I am hoping that this goes away soon.  I was beginning to wonder if I was doing this Whole30 thing right as my reactions had been minimal until now.  I guess I am doing something right!

12 minutes ago, Henderson Team said:

@Justin24 I too never get headaches, but definitely have had one since last night.  I thought about Tylenol, which I NEVER take, but it has corn in it... go figure.  So I am hoping that this goes away soon.  I was beginning to wonder if I was doing this Whole30 thing right as my reactions had been minimal until now.  I guess I am doing something right!

You can take Tylenol. 

11 hours ago, Mrs. V said:

Here's some Thursday  happy fluffy butts.  Lol. 

Way to stay strong everyone!  My mom and niece have both made decisions which made them have to start all over again.  I'm still holding on here. 

On a different note, has anyone watched the documentary called 'that sugar film'? 

PicsArt_1429044943751.jpg

@Mrs. V  I found the movie on Amazon Prime.  I will be watching this over the weekend.  Thanks for the suggestion.  BTW-Love the fluffy happy butts!

Is anyone else experiencing super low energy with cardio workouts?  I used to run 3+ miles no problem and can barely make over 2 miles as my legs are super weak.  I do spin class twice a week and give myself a day in between so my legs aren't burnt out.  I really hope that the timeline is true and that in a couple days we'll all feel that amazing surge of energy!

@stinagrace I don't really work out, but earlier this week I was exhausted at work. Tuesday I came home and slept for three hours, and Wednesday I fell asleep at like eight o'clock. This morning I had to drink coffee (I almost never need caffeine in the morning) to make it through the day. I am definitely drained. It's nice to hear someone else is going through it as well.

I am also hoping for that surge of energy! I have a long week ahead of me next time and will need all the energy I can get.

@JenHZ is there maybe something new you've added to your diet that could be an allergen?

Today I seem to have more energy but it is nervous energy.  Hopefully I calm down after I get lunch because I feel very jumpy right now.  I did have a second cup of coffee this morning which is very rare for me, so maybe that's it.

@Georgina2  2 cups could well do it

and I'll check my  food log, could be fancy mushrooms but not much new there that I recall

I am learning it is much easier to change what foods you eat than how you eat.  last night  we ended up eating out cause I wasn't feeling well, and chicken was taking too long to roast, and the kitchen was a mess, and spouse didn't want to cook. And I think spouse wanted to go out.  We will have to have a discussion once I am feeling better.  If the default is always " go out" I will have to define in my mind when that is 1 send him out with kid and fend for myself or 2 when it is go out where I know I can get compliant food

2 minutes ago, JenHZ said:

I am learning it is much easier to change what foods you eat than how you eat.

Amen to that.  We always plan our meals for the week, but we actually need to think about what is for dinner the night before in order to make sure meat is unfrozen and that we haven't run out of some ingredient.  Usually we fail to do this at least once or twice a week and either eat out, or have what we call 'fend for yourself' where everyone just has leftovers.  That's happened twice this week and I had practically no leftovers last night, which is why my dinner was hardboiled eggs and avocado.  I really hate all this planning!  My other big problem is breakfast- I just don't like it and sometimes my stubborn self skips it, like today.  Two cups of coffee and no breakfast?  Yeah I had energy- then I got super sick and crashed.  I forced myself to eat lunch but it was hard when I felt like throwing up.  Finally now I feel more normal but I'm tired after that caffeine crash.  You'd think a 40 year old woman would have learned to take better care of herself by now!  </rant>

I think this journey is just that. Putting us first. Learning that it's OK to put you in front of your kids, your spouse and anyone else. It's not easy. But none of this is. You know. But it's worth it.  And that's why we are all here for support. 

When we're flailing and grabbing at straws it's time to sit down, regroup, take a deep breath get up and hit it again. Over and over. We're practicing a new lifestyle. And that's what it is. Practice. We will figure it out. The cooking. Prepping ahead of time. All. Of. It. But it requires patience and self forgiveness. Stick with it and don't give up. 

Oh. And I finished watching 'that sugar film'  it's extremely eye opening and timely -  especially as this journey has a lot to do with sugar. Stick with it everyone! We're making great progress and even greater change! 

I have smoked salmon, scramble eggs and tomato with black coffee for Breakfast, I'm not hungry et all to have lunch, I'm afraid of coming back to old habits of having only one meal a day . I'm never hungry, Does this happen to any of you before?

1 minute ago, mcm said:

I have smoked salmon, scramble eggs and tomato with black coffee for Breakfast, I'm not hungry et all to have lunch, I'm afraid of coming back to old habits of having only one meal a day . I'm never hungry, Does this happen to any of you before?

It doesnt for me. But it does for my mom. We read the book it starts with food. And it says if you're never hungry that's the biggest clue that your hormones are really messed up. Eat anyways. It's the only way to fix them. 

The star movie? Hm. The sugar one? It's called 'that sugar film'  haha

Archived