Day 12 and having some issues

Ellenm34

Hi guys, so to get the good news out first, I feel great! I've slept through the night for the first time in a loooong time, the bags under my eyes that have been there since practically birth, and my rosacea is clearing up! Now for the bad news. I'm a 22 year old college senior so sometimes I'm worried that I don't have enough time to cook and eat exactly to the templelate. I see someone asked a similar question below about bowel movement issues, and I've had the same problems. Also... excuse me, but my period came a week and a half early!!! And I've read some forums that answer that question by saying that they had their period for the whole 30 days! My future sister-in-law has had a couple successful whole30's and she was thinking maybe I'm not eating enough fats. Here's my usual day:

Breakfast:

Eggs (2-3) scrambled or fried or in an omelette style,

Fruit (blueberries, strawberries, or a half of a grapefruit)

Handful of raw spinach 

Black coffee (I actually just started putting coconut milk in for more fats)

Lunch:

Salad with cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, and olive oil & red wine vinegar 

(I guess now that I think about it, that doesn't include protein so I should hard boil some eggs and toss them in, along with some olives)

Dinner:

Grilled chicken or pork (or sometimes the DELICIOUS chili recipe in the Whole30 book)

2 sides of veggies (one of them is almost always broccoli, the other is either sautéed onions and green beans, or a boiled potato)

Now again, I'm a college student on a college student budget so it's hard to buy top of the line Organic's but I try my best! My cravings are almost totally gone, and I don't feel hungry in between meals but if I do Ill eat an apple or a handful of nuts or olives. My pants are bigger already after only 12 days and I'm sure that's just because I'm "eating healthy" now but my main worry is that I'm not whole30ing correctly!! Any advice on what I should be adding?

Thanks guys!

I cannot imagine doing this my senior year in college so kudos to you!! Very impressive! I would agree with your future sister-in-law that you're not getting enough fat and honestly I would add more veggies. Aren't you hungry?? For my eggs at breakfast this morning I scrambled onions, a couple diced string beans, spinach, celery and a piece of carrot with 3 eggs and a quarter of a Florida avocado. lol Your meals seem so light to me! But I weigh 268 lbs so it might be a size difference. :D An easy way to add some yummy fat is to add some avocados to your meals.

Regarding your period.. I've had my period for the 14 days and it's not stopping so yeah, Mind, it came in the middle of my pack of pills. I'm translating it to my hormone levels being regulated (aka lowered) so I'm trying to see it as a good thing. I'm ready for it to end though. 

Bowel movement wise, girlllll. LOL I'm currently on a 3 day cycle. I used to go every day but I think our systems just take a while to process this new diet. As it's not uncomfortable for me right now (except for the random gas pains every few days) I'm just giving my system time to figure things out. I'm on day 20 and it's not settled yet though which makes me worried about ending in just 10 more days. I feel like my body needs more time to adjust before I start reintroducing things. 

Good luck with Whole30 and school! 

Thank you! The hardest part is not being able to drink with all of my friends, so I end up sitting at home with my cat and watching Netflix hahaha! Your idea for eggs sounds delicious! I'll definitely have to try that! I agree that they are light, but i didn't know how to make them bigger with things i like, for example I know the template mentions a "heaping handful of olives per meal" and while i love olives.... 20 olives 3 times a day seams a tad daunting hahaha.

UGH I KNEW IT! Mine has come in the middle of my pack too! So i guess I'll just have to live with it.

It's good to hear that I'm not the only one with poop problems haha! Thanks so much for your help!

37 minutes ago, Ellenm34 said:

Thank you! The hardest part is not being able to drink with all of my friends, so I end up sitting at home with my cat and watching Netflix hahaha! Your idea for eggs sounds delicious! I'll definitely have to try that! I agree that they are light, but i didn't know how to make them bigger with things i like, for example I know the template mentions a "heaping handful of olives per meal" and while i love olives.... 20 olives 3 times a day seams a tad daunting hahaha.

UGH I KNEW IT! Mine has come in the middle of my pack too! So i guess I'll just have to live with it.

It's good to hear that I'm not the only one with poop problems haha! Thanks so much for your help!

I hear you on the olives. I had a hard time adding enough fat to my meals until I started using avocados. And to beef up your meals just throw more veggies at it. Instead of doing a side of broccoli I would do broccoli and carrots, instead of doing roasted potatoes, I would do potatoes and onions and beets. I just add more veggies to whatever the base recipe is. I use the Whole30 recipes facebook page a lot for ideas https://www.facebook.com/OfficialWhole30Recipes/. :D 

Archived