Egg White Protein Powder

TriciaS85

I know the goal and point is to eat food instead of drinking these protein shakes. I travel for work and am gone for 3+ weeks at a time, sometimes without a refrigerator in my hotel room. I work 12-14 hrs so I a lot of times would have a protein shake for lunch or breakfast when running late. I have been looking at them, stressing since I didn't want to go back to my regular routine, or live on salads and tuna the entire time. I found this one from Naked Nutrition, while most of them are non - compliant, it looked like this one may do the trick. I may have to just stick to partial whole30 if I cannot find something that will work for me as I will have limited resources on the road and only so much room in my suitcase. Depending on the refrigerator situation and how close the grocery stores are. But if someone can give me some advice. If its not no harm. Thanks in advance for any advice :)

https://nkdnutrition.com/products/egg-white-protein-powder

• Moderators

That product is compliant. Obviously, shakes are not ideal. If you do use them, really watch your fruit portions, keeping in mind that if you're eating according to the meal template, a serving of fruit is the size of your closed fist, and it's something you'd add to meals occasionally. It's really easy to overdo the fruit in an effort to make these kinds of things taste better.

There have been other people who had to deal with travel while on Whole30 -- if you google something like Whole30 travel or Whole30 hotel or Whole30 business travel you can probably find past discussions with tips for dealing with this.

If it were me, I'd definitely try to research what was near my hotel or the office so I could plan a grocery trip or know a restaurant or two where I could get food easily. If you're driving, it's a little easier -- you could get a cooler and change out the ice every day and keep a wider variety of foods in your room, even if there's no fridge. Obviously, if you're flying, that's probably not an option.

Thanks so much Shannon. Ya I know there are a lot who do it. But I am sure they are not there as long as me. LOL. I probably will see how I do this first time without purchasing this and than go from there. I thankfully am really good about my portion size so that shouldn't be too much of a problem, but I am honestly really good about doing the protein shakes alone. ;) In the past, Ive used the small ice bucket to keep things like leftovers cool over night but that won't work well for this.. I am flying so I would have to buy a cooler and than pitch or donate it when I leave. I have some things I can bring and pack in a suitcase and I am sure there will be a store to pick up goodies where I am, the problem is how much they will have thats compliant. So I think I will just go with it, pack in my suitcase what I can and fend for myself. Thanks so much for getting back to me!!

Archived