Ingredient Confusion

Dana20

Shopping at my local Whole Foods and I was having some hesitation whether I found compliant options for the following:

Apple Sauce (365 Organic Brand)

- Ingredients: Organic Apple Puree

Diced Tomatoes (Muir Glen Organic)

- Ingredients: Organic Tomatoes, Organic Tomato Juice, Sea Salt, Citric Acid and Calcium Chloride

Coconut Milk (SO Delicious Dairy Free - Unsweetened)

- Ingredients: Organic CoconutMilk (Filtered Water, Organic Coconut Cream), Contains 2% or Less of: Vitamin and Mineral Blend (Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Phosphate, L-Selenomethoionine, Vitamin A Acetate, VItamin D2, Zinc Oxide, Sea Salt, Organic SUnflower lechithin, organic locut bean gum, gellan gum)

Also, what are recommendations for ingredients that say "Natural Flavoring"?

Thanks so much!

• Moderators

Those are all okay. You could probably find a coconut milk with fewer ingredients -- look for canned coconut milk, might be shelved with curry paste. Was there any particular reason you thought they might not be okay (more the first two, that last one definitely has some stuff you might not just look at and know)?

Natural flavoring is fine.

If you look here there are a couple of downloads, one with different names for sugars/sweeteners to watch out for, and one with more about other additives -- they might help you to figure out more about what is or isn't allowed.

Thank you! Just being extra cautious I suppose.  Didn't know if Organic Apple Puree could sneak something in there since it didn't just say apples and the second one was the  Citric Acid and Calcium Chloride.  Some of the labels said naturally occurring Citric Acid and Calcium Chloride and this one didn't specify.

Thank you for your help!

Archived