aversion to caffeine

Day 22 here *waves*

the past few days I've noticed the idea of caffeine turns me off - this isn't a bad thing as I should break up with it, and it's having less of an effect on me energy-wise - did anyone else experience this? perhaps my body prefers the steadier energy levels provided by w30 rather than the caffeine boost?

• Moderators

Does it matter if anyone else has experienced this? Whole30 is an experiment of one... if YOU are experiencing it and you want to break up with it, then that's an outcome of your experience and you should honor it.  What anyone else feels about howcaffeine  affects them has nothing to do with what you're going to do going forward, right?  If I came here and said no, no one else has ever experienced this, would you just keep drinking the coffee?  Or would you still honor your own body and ditch it?

I would definitely try to quit coffee for awhile and see if it improves things.  I decided to do my Whole30 this time around without coffee but I still drink tea. I feel that my mind is more clear, I'm focussed and any digestive issues I occasionally had have went away. I say it certainly won't hurt matters and it might make you feel better. You may have a little withdrawal symptoms at first though, so beware that you may feel worse before you feel better depending on how much coffee you usually drink. Good luck! :D

Archived