Your Best Recipes from Your Recent W30

TJHigh

Like many people, I'm approaching my last week of this Jan 17 Whole 30, and starting to slowly start thinking about Reintroduction in Fed.  I've learned a lot (this is my second W30), in particular that W30 eating is a perfectly viable way of everyday eating for me.  My husband loves the food and to me it's just as satisfying as my old way of eating.  To get ready for Reintroduction, especially the days in between reintro'ing a new food when we go back to full W30 eating, I think a reference to favorite W30 meals will be helpful.

Here are my favorites, as the occur to me:

Breakfasts:

Sweet potato/sausage balls with sautéed onions, raisins and harissa spices.  (Note- I love the sweetness from the raisins, and luckily it doesn't trigger my sugar cravings, but can easily be omitted.)

Bora Bora Fireballs from Mel Jouwan's Well-Fed paleo

and good old scrambled eggs with ghee and sautéed onions. I recently discovered Tessemae's ketchup which I think pairs great with scrambled eggs, but a little goes a long way.

Lunches:

Chicken Salad with arugula, water chestnuts, raisins and chopped almonds

Chicken Chowder from the Hartwig's Whole 30 Guide (the second book, not the recent cookbook)

Golden cauliflower soup from Mel Jouwan's website

Dinners:

filets with mashed potatoes with sautéed pancetta, carrots, leeks, and zucchini

char sui used to make pork-fried rice from Mel Jouwan's Well Fed Paleo

zoodles with pesto (dairy free) and sautéed shrimp

meatoaf with spicy Italian sausage

Skirt steak with Sicilian Green Olive Salad from Food 52

Piri piri chicken with roasted potatoes from Food and Wine

pork meatballs with sesame zoodles from recent Whole 30 cookbook

Those are my top favorites that I'd happily eat no matter what.  I hope I have a few more to add this week as we finish up!  I'd love to hear if anyone else had particularly successful dishes they'd like to recommend.

Thanks for the recommendations! I love to try new recipes. These are some of our regular fall-backs:

Well Fed's Chocolate Chili is a favorite, especially with my husband: <http://meljoulwan.com/2009/02/22/my-favorite-chili-recipe/>

Browned ground turkey and cauliflower rice with Moroccan spices (such as Ras el hanout and Aleppo chili)

Stir fry of veggies (broccoli slaw works well), slivered almonds, leftover meat, and a sauce made of toasted sesame oil, coconut aminos, fish sauce, and sunflower or almond butter

Curry made of lightly cooked veggies (carrots, onions, celery, potatoes), leftover meat, coconut milk, seasonings such as garam masala, and curry powder

Soup made of good stock, veggies, and either crushed tomatoes or coconut milk, and the appropriate herbs and/or spices, depending on whether you want an Italian or Indian flavor

Stephanie

Archived