Need help to solve a mystery

Before whole30 I have been getting really bad reactions when I eat heavily processed bread. Headaches, bloating, very sore upper abdomen. Can't even touch it or wear a bra it is so painful. Lasts all day and night until morning and then goes. This is partly why I wanted to do this programme to try to isolate what was causing it. I assumed it was something in the bread. I have eaten this bread alone as toast and got the reaction and also with eggs before. I don't get it if I make my own bread.

I am on day 15 now and yesterday was the first time I have eaten out. I went to a restaurant with friends and ordered an omelette. I asked for no bread and no dairy. It came with tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions. It was one of those very fluffy, puffy French omelettes. A bit of green salad on the side. After 30 mins....same reaction exactly. This one though only lasted around four hours.

No idea what might have caused it,can't think of a common ingredient. I have googled recipes to see if it might have been made with some flour but it doesn't seem like it. I saw one recipe with baking soda? 

Anyone have an ideas?

oooo...sure that is possible. Actually the omelette tasted very very bland. I assumed that it must have had some poor quality flour in it because of the same reaction. I live in Hong Kong and restaurants rely on cheap ingredients from China which are often very poor quality. But when I looked at recipes online, I oculdn't find any that had flour in them. But pancake batter would explain it.

Would love to hear from chefs that might know how these are made in a busy brunch restaurant...might post on Facebook too to see if there any chefs there

Hmm, off the top of my head, I wouldn't be surprised if the restaurant used some kind of liquid commercial "egg mix" vs whole eggs. It's a way to stretch out the eggs and also extend their shelf life. And I wouldn't be surprised if there was some preservative or chemical agent that was making your stomach upset. 

Archived