Still headaches on Day 22. Help

Cblackwe

I don't know if it's normal but I'v had an on/off headache for the past 5 days. Not horrible (3/10) but consistent. I don't know what the cause is but it gets worse when I don't have enough water and during my period (I'm anemic and my iron count drops during my period). Is it possible that a non-Whole30 issue is causing the headaches? Dehydration or stress or something else? I'm sure the moderators are going to ask you to list out your typical meals so they can see if you're having enough fat, protein and veggies. We're advised to get 1/2 ounce water for each pound we weigh so make sure you're getting enough. 

• Moderators

Could you let us know what you have been eating -- list a couple of days' of meals, including approximate portion size as it relates to the meal template.

Like Urnesha mentioned, a common culprit for headaches is dehydration -- aim for 1/2 oz of water per pound of body weight, so a 120-lb person needs at least 60 oz of water. Also be sure you're salting your food.

In general, are you eating enough? If you're making your meals match the meal template, you should be easily able to go 4-5 hours between meals without being hungry. Don't be afraid to add fat, either -- you often need some in addition to what you cook in, as much of what you cook in stays in the pan and isn't consumed.

Could it be something else entirely? Not enough sleep? Stress? Sinus headache from allergies?

I am on Day 22 and I haven't had any headaches since before I started except on 2 different days when I waited too long to eat/did not eat enough and did not drink enough water. I would definitely review your meals and make sure you are drinking enough water.  Lack of sleep will definitely add to the problem as well.

Archived