Whole9 blog post: THE WHOLE30® AND WEIGHT LOSS

Tracy R.

http://whole9life.com/2012/10/the-whole30-and-weight-loss/

Anybody else read it yet? Those of you like me, with weight to lose....are you as excited about the new protocols as I am?

And for those of you who already get it – who have been living this way for long enough that a return to your old, unhealthy, restrictive habits solely in the name of weight loss isn't even an option (but yes, you still want to lose weight!), keep up the good work, and keep reading. We are hard at work on new, groundbreaking protocols to help those of you who have discovered that lifestyle interventions are just not enough to achieve your big-picture health goals. (And yes, that includes healthy weight loss.)

That is me. I can't return to how I use to eat...unhealthy, restrictive, counting calories, tasteless and bad for me since I use to eat processed chemical food wannabe's. I deserve better than that and my kids definitely deserve better than that, cause if mom eats it then they want it. A bit of extra help with losing so much weight will be awesome! Thank you Dallas and Melissa!!!!

I just read it, but I see nothing different than they have always said. Am I missing something or do you mean the support and acceptance of Dallas and Melissa to be okay with wanting to lose weight, but focusing on health first. I think they've always said that.

When I read it, I got the impression that more useful info or strategies of some type will be coming out soon.

And more recently, why Dallas has been learning, studying, and working with test clients in a brand new, groundbreaking functional medicine training program—so that we can help those of you who need more than simple lifestyle interventions to restore your health and lose weight.

Melissa responded to my comment on the posting:

Tracy, thanks for your enthusiasm. Dallas has been working hard for many, many months to gain the knowledge and expertise needed to take people to the "next level" of health. As much as we focus on lifestyle interventions (and as well as those work for so many people), they can't fix everything. Keep you posted! Melissa

I think it's more than them restating they understand the desire of overweight people hoping to see weight loss when doing a w30, but to stay focused on healthy changes.

I just read it, but I see nothing different than they have always said. Am I missing something or do you mean the support and acceptance of Dallas and Melissa to be okay with wanting to lose weight, but focusing on health first. I think they've always said that.

SLW - I thought the same thing when I read it.

I am interested to hear what the new information and protocols might be. I truly believe the current program, when done properly as it is written, does work to help rid oneself of excess weight. It will work. The thing is, the Whole30 is about so much more than choosing compliant foods and that is what I have difficulty with.

As someone that is a mostly emotional/stress eater, I am still working to do the program consistently as written. Even when I remain compliant with my food choices, some days and weeks are better than others. If I never ate when i wasn't hungry, if I limited or abstained from dried fruit and nuts, if I always followed the meal template properly, etc, etc. then I would absolutely improve my body composition even further. That being said, I am still very happy with my progress so far and will continue to work on the emotional issues and baggage that prevent me from embracing the Whole30 program as written. I'll keep doing more rounds of the Whole30 until I get it right!

Archived