Still Hungry

Hi there, 

Meal 1 - 8am
1 cup ground beef with sweet potato, lots of cauliflower, red pepper, red onion, cashews.

Meal 2 - 11:30am (I leave the house at 12 so can't eat any later)
3 chicken thighs in a spinach and arugula salad with sugar snap peas, red pepper, carrot and guacamole. 

Snack - 4:30pm - very small chicken thigh and handful
of cashews. 

Meal 3 - 6pm 
Same as lunch with sweet potato and a splash of olive oil. 

I know it's too much sweet potato. But it's now 7:15pm and I'm so hungry!  Any ideas why?  I'm drinking water. I'm salting. I feel satiated after meals but not satisfied. I still feel incomplete without grain.  I'm on day 19. 5'8, 135lbs.

Does it get better? 

Is this a typical day, and have you been hungry every day an hour after dinner?  It looks like enough food for your size, and the meals are composed well.  

Are you keeping the skin on your thighs?  Because having 7 in 1 day is pretty legit, so I'm surprised that didn't do the trick.  Sometimes it *seems* like I'm more satiated with beef than chicken ... haven't really done extensive testing on it, but maybe it's a thing?

You might be one of those who needs to eat at the higher end of the template meals and how much fat are you adding to your meals, maybe you need to increase your fat. Fat is satiating. Do you work out at all? If so, how intense? You might need pre/postWO snacks.

I leave the skin on the thighs. I work out (lifting weights) 3 days a week and try to have an extra snack those days of an egg or a few bites of chicken.

It is a typical non-gym day. I don't eat olives so my fat sources are avocado, olive oil, ghee and cashews.  I eat a lot of trout, eggs and ground beef too so I would think I was getting a good balance but I guess not. I was really hungry tonight so I ate 2 hard boiled eggs, a handful of cashews and an apple :/

Archived