Day 23- Where is the wine?

It's Day 23 and while I am not really craving any food ( well maybe oatmeal with cashew butter on top) ...I am craving a nice glass of wine or 3. I refuse to give in though, I feel pretty great actually. My skin is clear, I am sleeping really well, and I am working out every day and I am down a dress size! I have been doing spin, weight training, and pilates, and I am starting to see a noticeable difference. I was working out before and didn't see much of a change in my body, so it is nice to see that changing my eating habits have helped lean me out. Teaching my body self control has been great and once whole 30 is over, I am going to continue to eat the same but I do plan on adding brown rice, and steel cut oats to my diet. I plan on having the occasional cheat meal but do want to keep it to a minimum of once or twice a month and want my cheat meals to lean more towards a paleo cheat. After whole 30 is over however; I do plan on indulging for a day before hopping back on board. 

My main concern is adding wine (cab sauv)  back into my diet, before I started the program I was drinking a glass or two every night to wind down with my bf. What is acceptable after and how much? Should I treat wine as a cheat meal? 

-Wino 

http://whole30.com/2015/11/dear-melissa-what-adulty-beverage-is-best/

Dear Melissa: The Booze Edition | The Whole30® Program

whole30.com/2013/07/dear-melissa-the-booze-edition/

alcohol | The Whole30® Program

Melissa answers your questions in these links.  Just click on Dear Melissa. 

21 hours ago, NatalieRose said:

before I started the program I was drinking a glass or two every night to wind down with my bf

i'm wondering about this two. I know I was drinking too much before going abstinent but I would like to enjoy it again

4 minutes ago, KristinaSD said:

I am doing my second whole 30, day 17, and thinking about adding in brown rice back in, I have potatoes almost daily and think brown rice is much healthier...any thoughts??

You may eat whatever you wish but it won't be a Whole30 if you eat rice. Take a look at It Starts With Food for why rice is not a part of the Whole30 program. 

Archived