Day 13 No results!

Hello, I have started my whole 30, 13 days ago, as far as I know I am doing everything correct, and I know this program takes time, but I have not noticed any difference in my weight or how I feel. The only thing I have noticed was I have more stable energy levels, just bc I am not having sugar, so I don't have the crash which is a huge plus! I used to eat fast food and junk food and sneak out to go buy candy at 9pm, and to now be eating all whole, clean, unprocessed foods. I feel like I should notice something. Here is a sample of what I eat in a day. (It's pretty much the same everyday)

breakfast: one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, some chopped onion, and green pepper, 2 eggs, and 1/2 avocado on top. (I eat this everyday) 

lunch: bowl of fruit, usually 1/2 pineapple, handful of strawberries, or cantaloupe. Baked Chicken (breast or thighs) I rub with olive oil and add sea salt and black pepper and add Braggs organic spices no salt added. 

Snacks: 1/2 cup almonds, 2 bananas, 3-6 non gmo cuties mandarin oranges (snacks are spread throughout the day, I keep them in my bag) 

dinner: same baked chicken or pork, (seasoned the same as above) sometimes more eggs if I don't have meat already made. 

drink: I only drink water! No coffee, no tea, no juice, no anything else. 

Like I said this is pretty much what I have been eating every single day. Idk if I am eating too much or my macros are off, but I haven't been tracking those things bc I know this program is about resetting. 

My main goal is weight loss. I am 5'3" when I started whole 30 my weight was 207, I haven't weighed myself since I started. My goal weight is 150. 

Also I haven't worked out at all bc I am in college and work 30 hours a week so I just haven't had time, but I walk around campus lol. 

My diet history is very poor, I have done every yo yo diet known to man, HCG, Atkins, Southbeach, Master cleanse, weight watchers, my fitness pal, veganism, freelee the banana girl diet, 80/10/10, raw veganism, and many more, I ALWAYS end up going back to the SAD diet (Standard American Diet) fast food, junk food, alcohol etc, my weight goes up and down and they either don't work or I hate the diet or I don't lose weight. 

Maybe I just need to be patient. 

Can anyone help?!?!?! 

Hi @Britney119, you haven't listed a lot of vegetables (actually no vegetables for lunch or dinner) and a lot of fruits - could you expand a bit more for a moderator to comment? And say how much chicken/pork you have with a meal. 

Good on you for not tracking or weighing yourself! That's often one of the hardest things for MyFitnessPal junkies (hi!). 

When you come from a history of yo-yo or extreme dieting, it can take a while for you body to catch on and realise you're continuously feeding it enough good food. Be patient and roll with it. Last week my stomach was looking flat and tight. This week (day 24 over here) it is most decidedly not. Who knows what I will look like next week. In previous Whole 30s my physique has barely changed at all, but the other NSVs have always made it worth it. 

Thanks for the feedback, and your right I don't have too many veggies, sometimes I have a cup of broccoli but that's about it, and the chicken I usually have 1-2 thighs or breasts per meal. As for the fruit I guess I still have it in my mind that fruit can't make you fat, (thanks freelee the banana girl) 

• Moderators

This is a 30 day program. You're not even halfway through it yet. Relax. Lots of people don't notice changes until the very last week.

Definitely add vegetables -- 1-3 cups at each meal. And cut back on the fruit, especially on its own -- if you check the meal template, you'll notice a serving size of fruit is about a handful, and is something you should have occasionally.

Your meals should keep you satisfied 4-5 hours at a time, if they're not, you may need to increase how much you're eating -- adding vegetables may help with that, but if you feel you need more protein or fat as well, that's okay. If you do need to eat between meals, have a mini-meal of protein, fat, and vegetables or at least two of the three.

One word of warning, many women find that in the week or so leading up to their period they are much more hungry than normal, and that is normal and fine, and if you find yourself in that position, it is fine to eat more. More food in general, and more starchy vegetables in particular, will help. I only mention it because sometimes it freaks people out a little when they're suddenly ravenously hungry and craving all things carby, but it's normal.

Archived