nervous about re-intro

Day 25 here. The only two things I really miss are dark chocolate and white wine. I am worried I'm going to be nosediving them in 5 days time....should I extend my w30 until I'm less attached?!

The Whole30 is not a magic wand and will not change how certain foods make you feel regardless of how many times you come back for a re-set.

This is what? Your 4th or 5th round? How have you approached reintroduction previously? Did you determine what does & doesn't work for you mentally, physically & psychologically? Have you then removed those foods from your diet permanently, or eat them only when you deem them 'worth it'? Do you know what your 'worth it' foods are?

Without a little self experimentation the 30 days are, IMHO, pretty pointless. And without proper reintroduction it's highly likely (from what I've seen) that you will be nose-diving chocolate, wine & anything else you can get your hands on in 6 days time.

You've been here before. You know what you need to do.

1 hour ago, jmcbn said:

The Whole30 is not a magic wand and will not change how certain foods make you feel regardless of how many times you come back for a re-set.

This is what? Your 4th or 5th round? How have you approached reintroduction previously? Did you determine what does & doesn't work for you mentally, physically & psychologically? Have you then removed those foods from your diet permanently, or eat them only when you deem them 'worth it'? Do you know what your 'worth it' foods are?

Without a little self experimentation the 30 days are, IMHO, pretty pointless. And without proper reintroduction it's highly likely (from what I've seen) that you will be nose-diving chocolate, wine & anything else you can get your hands on in 6 days time.

You've been here before. You know what you need to do.

thanks - very thought provoking. This is only my 2nd complete round as I've fallen off the bandwagon before! I have never reintro'ed properly before actually. So feeling positive about this next one. 

It took me a good 3 months to stop craving ice cream. It's more been over a year since I had any, and I know perfectly well that I'd be right back at the bottom of that Ben & Jerry's tub if I had some today. Some things I can moderate, some things I can't. Anything that has that much of a hold over me can't be a good thing. 

(And the fact that I have a negative physiological as well as emotional reaction to it does not seem to lessen my desire at all.) 

Buy a little bar of chocolate and eat it, then make sure you write down how you feel for the rest of the day and the next day. If you enjoy it and think "that was good, I might have some more in a month when I go to the fancy chocolate shop" then you're probably good. If you're more of "OMG that was the best, is there more? Why isn't there more? I'm heading to the shops for more. Why do I feel so sad? Maybe chocolate chip cookies along with my family block of choc will help" then you should probably stay away :-)

Archived