Not crazy about legumes ... how to approach on reintroduction?

aprilb

Hello! Day 24 of my second round of Whole30 here. Back because I failed on the reintroduction last round. BOO. (Had no idea at the the time how much I let myself down by doing that!) Anyway, I'm moving onward and upward now.

So let's talk legumes. Its my least favorite of the 4 groups I'll be introducing. I'm not saying I hate all beans and peanut butter, but in my normal, non-Whole30 life, I maybe tap into this food group once a week? Perhaps even less! At the same time, because I DO want to know what they do to my body, I want to at least put them on the reintroduction. I haven't come this far to only come this far. I know what they say about how if you don't feel you will miss it, don't bother reintroducing, yet there would be times (even if sporadically) that I will miss legumes. But the thought of having to eat legumes three times in one day just seems a bit much. Argh. 

I guess I should just push through but does anyone have words of wisdom on this?

25 minutes ago, aprilb said:

I maybe tap into this food group once a week?

Then you can't skip them.

Just go for things that you're likely to eat... Lentil & bacon soup? Peanut butter on apple? Hummus & celery?

What legumes did you eat previously? 

14 minutes ago, jmcbn said:

Then you can't skip them.

That's what I thought. I would occasionally make homemade refried beans to go with taco night dinner. And yes, hummus. Occasionally, peanut butter in sweets. LOL (But I'm keeping sugar out of the mix during reintroduction also, so that I can really isolate food groups.) OK I'll just make it happen.

@aprilb - if there's something you ABSOLUTELY know you WON'T eat again then yes, skip it.

But if there's anything you don't necessarily miss right now but might eat at some point down the line then give it it's fair trial - you'll be glad you did as some of the results could be surprising.

And remember, reactions aren't just physical.

Archived