Nervous about reintroduction and going back to the sweets!

Amber kosty

So here I am on day 24 and thinking about reintroduction! I've been so strong through the whole process! No slips no cheats! But last night after dinner all I could think about was ice cream and Reese's cups! The whole reason I did this whole30 is because I have no self control when it comes to sweets! So this far into it and I still want those sweets makes me so nervous about the reintroduction. Right now in my mind I'm strong enough to say no cuz I don't want to fail on this challenge, but I'm wanting to know am I going to continue to have the mind battle of fighting off those sweet cravings? Any thoughts or recommendations on what I should do or if I need to change something else in my diet? I especially feel like I want something sweet after I eat a spicy meal, but I love spicy foods. So thanks in advance for any help! 

Only you know your past history with these foods. If you want to Shawshank it, making a clean get-away and departure,  think about sitting down with someone, face-to-face.

The earlier you can break off that relationship with food the happier you'll be for the long haul. Don't think of Day 31 as the cheat day.  Many have, never to be heard from again or wishing they hadn't a year down the road.

The Whole 30 is not about cheats. It's about choices and consequences.

You choose to follow through with a Reintro Phase, exactly in the manner you've made it to Day 24. Go the distance.  Do one.  Then look around for someone to help you make the break, flip the switch and Shawshank it away from no control with ice cream and RPBCups.   

I too struggle with sweets and have had to come back to the Whole30 many times to get back on track.

I'm on day 30 of my 8th Whole30, and this month I did things differently. I ate almost no fruit, whereas on previous W30s I ate 1-2 servings of fruit a day. (This time I had a banana twice and an Rx bar once - each eaten very carefully and mindfully, because I was legit hungry between meals.)

I've planned to reintroduce sugar as its own group, but not in the form of any kind of dessert or SWYPO treat. Just a little maple in my morning coffee, a little honey in my evening herbal tea. I may eat an apple that day (this is as close as I will get to a form of "dessert"). 

When will I be ready to try and see if I can eat one cookie without immediately eating 26 more? I don't know. Maybe never. I'm so tired of that cycle that I intend to be SUPER careful about what sweet treats I decide are worth it. I feel like I probably need more time away from desserts. I'm thinking I'll go dessert-food-free until at least March.

Thank you so much! This is exactly me! With the one cookie turning to 26 is so me! This is my first whole30, I've had fruit just a few times because I actually wasn't sure it was ok to have during the whole30.  I feel now very strong about my control, but once I have something sweet I don't know how I will be. But it's still so hard to have that constant mind battle going on. 

Thanks again for your points! 

Archived