Help with caffiene

I started my whole 30 today.  Normally I drink energy drinks in the morning as a source of caffiene because I'm not a huge coffee fan.  This morning I tried to drink coffee and it didn't go so well, I was gagging and spitting and my stomach still hurts.  Any suggestions for alternatives such as teas that I could try instead?  I'm going to need my caffiene.

I am on Day 23 and I chose to eliminate coffee this go around because I did not like how it affects my sleep, digestive system and metabolism.  I did not eliminate caffeine because I am still drinking teas, including black teas.  I would suggest trying teas, that is a lot easier to drink in the morning without anything added.  Black teas would have the most bang for your buck, but green teas are also good just not as strong.  However, you should know that it may take a little while to adjust to the change, it took me at least a week to normalize. I am still tired when I first wake up but its very brief. I have my first cup of tea in the morning on the way to work and by the time I get there I am wide awake and alert.  I may have another cup later in the morning. I find I don't need as much stimulus to wake up now. Good luck! :)

You always have to check the ingredients, its mostly sneaky sugars, dairy and soy, there is a list of what to avoid on the Whole30 website.  You probably would have better luck with loose leaf but even then I have found off plan ingredients, so double & triple check your ingredients list. If you are not sure, google Whole30+questionable ingredient and it will have most likely been addressed previously.

My reaction to

coffee is such that it's now lunch time and my stomach is still upset (and minus the energy drink my breakfast of eggs and fruit was the same as I usually eat).  I found a brand of tea called zestea that says it has as much caffiene as coffee.  Has anyone tried that?  I normally don't drink tea either so I have no idea what flavor I might like.  Thanks

Archived