AWESOME. Just realized I blew the whole thing.

I'm on Day 25. I have been extremely proud of myself for making it this far, and sticking to my commitment. I wasn't sure I could do it. I really thought I was going to go all the way.

Welp, I'm a huge idiot. Turns out the probiotics I've been taking have dairy in them. I am so unbelievable disappointed right now. 

Just keep going. You learned something and you can move on from it. Cut the probiotic from your diet and see if you still need it. You might not. Extend your Whole30 instead of starting over. You've already come this far and you've done it. Don't just give up now :) Like kirkor said, it may not be an official Whole30, but you've done great so far. 

Too late, I'm afraid. Last night I went ahead and indulged in a few of the things I'd been missing the most. So what I ended up with was a Whole-ish25. :)  But all is not lost; I still got a lot out of the experience and made a lot of positive changes. And I plan to keep eating more or less the same way from now on, just not as strictly. 

I'm on Day 7 and planning my grocery list for NEXT week and I just realized that this past week I had a non-complaint sausage that had chardonnay in it. I'm blaming it on my old eyes, but I didn't see it on the food label when I first brought it home last week, on Day 1, full of gusto and ready to start and clearly trying to absorb so many changes. Now, I'm feel despondent because I thought I'd done soooo good! Is this a "start over" mistake or a "learn from" mistake at this point in the program? UGH!

I ate at a restaurant at least weekly that, I found out later, sometimes puts wine in the sauted vegetables, I don't know if they did it during my visits but could have.  However, my Whole 30 or ish was extremely eye opening and did what it needed to do and I don't actually drink wine ever anymore, so all is good.  Go with it, it is a life style that can continue forever if you allow it to.  Whatever you indulged in, study it and see how you reacted and then go on with reintroduction.  

6 hours ago, kirkor said:

"at this point"? Meaning, day 7?

http://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

Yes, Day 7, in the morning is when I realized I'd made a mistake with a product I bought thinking it WAS good to go and it wasn't ... I decided I'm going to plow forward, because I am a grown-up and I can choose to ... but also because of this line in that article (thank you for sharing it here though I had skimmed it):  "Added sugar is unique in that it won’t disarm your “reset” button (and salad dressing isn’t likely to send you spiraling into sugar cravings), we can see a decision (especially on Day 28) to chalk it up to a learning experience and move on."  I'm going to substitute chardonnay for sugar in that sentence and recognize that added chardonnay won't likely send me spiraling into sugar (or wine) cravings and chalk it up to a learning experience and move on. 

I was on day 18 and realised that apple cider vinegar that I have been using has sulphur dioxide added..! Now I know where does the burning sensation in the throat and esophagus come from! I think it only showed up after some time, after my internal lining healed up a little bit cause I did not have these symptoms before. I'm glad that I found it out and actually have no problem starting again. I think I might actually learn more by not hasting it as I wil be able to recognize symptoms properly and not just think that I am just not feeling well cause I am under the weather. 

Archived