Started my Whole 60 on 1/10

Trina Jackson

I have committed to a Whole 60 because I don't think 30 days is long enough to counteract the years of bad habits and food addiction. Is there anyone else who is doing a Whole 60 and is at around the same start time? I would love to have someone to share the journey with and get and give encouragement. 

Hi!  I started on 1/16 and am planning on doing a W100. Glad to have some company on this extended journey! Hope all is going well and you guys are feeling great. Today is day 10 for me and the bloat is real :). And the food dreams have begun. Last night it was caramel corn....not even one of my go to sweet treats! What will it be tonight????

Jill

Thanks for responding! I am on day 17 and have been having food/wine dreams since about day 3. It is usually that I ate/drank something by accident and am really upset that I have to start over. 

What else are you both doing to help you along? Are you using a meal planner, exercising, journaling? I am using Real Plans and have committed to exercising 3 days a week.

How is your motivation at this point? I am still feeling very motivated and have much more energy.

Can't wait to hear how your journey is progressing! 

I started my first Whole30 on 1/1/17. My husband traveled and went off-plan for a week and wanted to restart his timeline, so I think I am going to just go ahead and join him for the additional days and stretch it to a Whole60. I'm in it for hormonal regulation, and I think it will take more than 30 days to see if there is any improvement. Today is Day 27 for me, and while I feel a little better overall and my clothes are looser, I don't feel all that different. Maybe by Day 60?

My husband and I started on 01/10 as well and it's been better than expected so far! Everything we've made from the book has been tasty and satisfying. But tonight I'm struggling. I'm tired of cooking...craving just a pizza! But the spaghetti squash is in the oven and the meat sauce is simmering, the salad's on the table...so we'll push through and hope for a better outlook tomorrow! I hadn't used the forum before but came on tonight for a little motivation. It's good to find others still at it! 

My husband and I started on 01/10 as well and it's been better than expected so far! Everything we've made from the book has been tasty and satisfying. But tonight I'm struggling. I'm tired of cooking...craving just a pizza! But the spaghetti squash is in the oven and the meat sauce is simmering, the salad's on the table...so we'll push through and hope for a better outlook tomorrow! I hadn't used the forum before but came on tonight for a little motivation. It's good to find others still at it! 

Way to push through! On the nights I don't feel like cooking I try to keep it simple. A salad with lots of veggies and protein or an omelet. I know how you feel, some days I come home and the last thing I want to do is stand in the kitchen. At least it's Friday. Maybe it's time to plan a night out at a restaurant for a compliant meal someone else has cooked. Keep at it!

How is everyone doing?  I'm now on Day 39, and I am feeling better this week than I had the entire first 30 days. I'm wondering if I was one of those who needed a little more time to feel the extra energy. I've been waking up early feeling refreshed, and falling asleep much more easily. If you had asked me on Day 29 if I felt different, I probably would have said a little, but not that much. One change I made once I passed the first 30 days was to go back to following the WeightWatchers point system/weekly weigh-ins, but sticking with Whole30 food/plate template. I realized that I was still unable to correctly gauge the calories I needed by relying on feelings of satiety alone. I was either underestimating or overestimating. Luckily, breaking my sugar and grain habit with Whole30 has made WeightWatchers so much easier now that their plan penalizes added sugars.

I'm on day 30 today! Woo Hoo! Half way there! Feeling overall really good. A little discouraged because I am having issues with sciatica. I was just at the point where I was going to amp up my workout routine and now I've had to scale back. :( I am still going to the gym and exercising but am modifying. Still feeling very motivated and looking forward to the next 30 days.   

Day 31 and feeling awesome!! Days 28 & 29 were rough, nauseated and no desire for ANY food, was very ready to quit! It may have been I didn't drink enough water those days. So glad I continued! Now starting to 'feel' the results! I didn't weigh myself in the beginning, didn't want it to be about the number on the scale, but I'm starting to notice it in my clothes. I'm sleeping better and have tons of energy. Maybe there's a reason it's Whole30!!

I am also and day 31! Feeling great! I haven't had any major challenges so far. Took halfway pics today and I can really see the difference. I am not stepping on the scale until I'm done with all 60 days. Canuck, keep up the great work! Happy it's starting to pay off for both of us!

I am changing up my Whole60 to a Whole45. I am going to Mexico next month and the 60 would have ended the day before I leave. This would give me no time to do the reintroduction phase. Now I will end with about 2 weeks to go through reintro. I plan on tailoring it to what I know I will want to have in Mexico. For example, corn tortillas, rice, beans, dairy, and alcohol. Those should take me right up to the trip if I do the try new and two days back on Whole30. I may sub the legumes for something else since I don't care that much about beans. Nothing is coming to mind currently, except gluten, which I would really like to avoid. I also plan on going back on the Whole30 when I get back just to make sure I reestablish my good habits. Wish me luck!

Trina, sounds like a great plan! I have also been thinking about cutting mine a little short as well...but I'm on Day 51 with no trips/constraints coming up so I'm just going to power through these last 9 days. I'm feeling fantastic and really nervous about reintroduction. I know that I will reintroduce wheat and legumes. Dairy and soy will stay out. On the fence about alcohol, thinking about sugar and alcohol being super special treats like holidays/celebrations. 

I'm on Day 22 and haven't seen any changes so far, positive or negative, so I'm probably going to extend the program to 45 or possibly 60 days. It's my first Whole30 and I'm finding it surprisingly easy, especially given how poorly I ate prior to starting. No cravings, no withdrawal which I find a little baffling, to say the least. I don't feel any different now than I did before W30.

Archived