Just today I received my scores for a heart CT that I had last week.  The findings are moderate extent of coronary arteriosclerosis.  This is the first that I have known about this, so I'm a little stunned.  I'm on day 12 of my whole30, but generally eat well....except when I don't .  What will this diagnosis mean for the rest of my Whole30.  Should I think about limiting eggs and other fats?  Is anyone else in the forums facing a similar health risk?

You're on Day 12, 18 more days should not affect your scores. When you don't eat well, what are you eating?

Doctors orders trump W30. You can limit eggs if you want to and eat as many vege as possible throughout the next 18 days... if you and your doctor decide you can continue on. You could sub fish, fish, fish for the eggs. 

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/coronary-artery-disease

Meadowlily, thank you for responding.

prior to this Whole30 (this is my third since 2012) I have maintained a modified Paleo diet with some dairy and legumes.  When I don't "eat well" I indulge in sweets, primarily.  I have been 100% compliant on The Whole30.   I get regular exercise both strength training and cardio.  I know my biggest risk factors come through genetics.  I spoke to my doc and it sounds like we're going to do statins.  Since getting my results I have been reducing my egg yolks to one a day and subbing some of my red meat for seafood and poultry.

I'll see what he suggests when I meet with him.  In the meantime I will continue my whole30.  I was originally planning on making this a whole60.  We'll see what he thinks is best.

The CT results are surprising, since my blood cholesterol is good.

Archived