Dlizabeth's First W30

Dallas

I am 23, no current health problems, usually around 140 lb (don't really weigh myself so not a great starting point).  Recently licensed massage therapist, took a crash course in nutrition during school and realized that the nickname 'garbage gut' may be indicative of an unhealthy relationship with food.  Starting my first W30 on 2/1/17, looking forward to bettering my eating habits and kicking some killer cheese cravings.  Boyfriend is not participating (yet), but I hope that by sharing meals with him he will realize he won't be missing too much.  I am hoping to see changes in my skin, falling asleep faster, and having better energy levels throughout the day.  I am not looking forward to potential irritability and decreased performance, but if that the is the price for health, I think I can live with it for a couple of weeks while I readjust.

Alright, I jumped the gun, so today is actually day 1!  So far the homemade mayo is making me pull my hair out!  I burned out the motor in my immersion blender on my third attempt, thankfully it was doing well up until that point and was almost done.  So I mixed the rest by hand.  I am going to try making another batch with my hand blender (it is motorized, I promise).  The protein salad (with chicken) was SUPER tasty, I could eat that everyday, but that is counter productive.

Day 2, almost done (dinner is cooking now).  Today was a regular day, unfortunately I was busy and didn't have lunch until 3:30; however I was pleasantly surprised that my breakfast was able to last me that long!  I have not done any snacking, which is amazing as I am quite the grazer if I allow myself to be.  So far I have really enjoyed all of my food, I am usually very very picky and weird about eating eggs but so far I have found creative ways to sneak them in as needed.  No headache or hangover feeling yet, so I can only imagine tomorrow I will feel these effects!  Boyfriend was surprised by how much he enjoyed the spaghetti squash last night, and has been very supportive and helpful with my 'crazy new diet'.  I really like the post dinner food prep, I will have to remember to do it after my 30 days are up; it makes those unexpectedly late days at work so much easier!!  Tomorrow is brisket for dinner (all hail the mighty slow cooker)!

Today is the day to KILL ALL THE THINGS!!!!!  So frustrated and irritable and short tempered; but being able to identify exactly what the underlying cause is helps me come back to reality and realize how food really does mess with my brain.  No cravings yet, but I do have the munchies tonight despite eating a large dinner.  The slow cooker brisket was good, I might try a rub or something next time I make it.  My pants are already fitting looser, especially my work pants.  Not entirely thrilled about it, my goals are not to loose weight or inches so I guess that is a bonus (?).  Here is to a happier and healthier tomorrow!

• 4 weeks later...

So skip ahead a few weeks I am on Day 27. I am trying to figure out reintro with the impending parental visit crunching into the last few days of reintro, thankfully the last couple of days I will be 'free' from all the rules and restrictions.  I have lost two pants sizes, sleep well, and my upper arm redness has dissipated.  My face is still breaking out pretty hard, and the last few days my Sugar Dragon has been trying to claw its way to the top of my food list.  I have learned new coping mechanisms and to say "NO" to my late night cravings (which are now fewer and less intense).  The past month I saw the most hormonally crazy period, a really rough week at the spa, started a new salon, and survived a day of snowboarding without a tasty Hot Toddy at the lodge, or the homemade chili at Pine Martin!  I have felt more motivated to work out, and become a morning person (at least on the morning I HAVE to get up early, it is still a struggle to make breakfast when I could lay in my warm bed instead).

Archived