SWYPO

aprilb

Forgive me if this has already been asked ...

Once I roll into the reintroduction, is it ok to try some of these Paleo items with compliant ingredients that were not recommended in the reset? I.E. Two ingredient banana pancakes, Paleo "wraps," etc.

April, you can have whatever you want as you roll it on over into a Reintro. Paleo pancakes, paleo wraps and monkey salad. 

Pancakes don't phase me but larabars or any kind of bar, no can do. They remind me too much of a candy bar and would trip my triggers.  I can't have boxes of any kind of bars laying around my house.

I don't bring the offenders home or into my vehicle. I could use Paleo Pancakes for frisbees and I would not fall back into pasta, bread, and pizza.  This is the best part about creating your own plan going forward.  You're back in the driver's seat and you decide what stays and what goes. 

The way I understand it is that reintroduction is about seeing how you react to foods, so SWYPO would likely have a psychological response for you.  Everyone is different though. I despise pancakes and waffles. I hate larabars so much that when I used to carry them around for emergencies they would sit in my bag for months and get smooshed and then pawned off on my kids or thrown out, but get me near some bacon and I have no off switch so I have to limit it to brunches are other people's houses where my portions will be limited. If I purchase it I'll eat the whole pack. Reintroduction is for learning about what works for you.

Thank you for your input, @MeadowLily and @LisaLulu. So, if I'm understanding correctly, they are OK, but if eating something, like let's take the banana pancakes for example, would send me into a tailspin where I just wind up wanting all kinds of sugar or whatnot, THAT is what's bad about it, and not the banana pancakes themselves. And I am the only one who can judge whether, knowing that banana pancakes could cause OTHER problems later, it is still a wise idea to eat said banana pancakes. Am I understanding the spirit of what you are saying?

Yes, I think the point is to eat them and see what it does to you mentally. Banancakes (as my kids call them) aren't going to cause any issues except mental, and it depends on you.  Giving them a try will give you the information you need to know if they are worth it for you. If they don't cause a tailspin of eating then they can be added to your regular diet. 

Archived