Sign in to follow this  
RuthieZ

Sick

I am on day 8 and have a horrible sinus infection and bronchitis. I just feel terrible and am so bummed out. I talked to a number of friends who did Whole30 and they got sick the first week too. I don't understand why that would be since I'm eating so healthy. Any insight/encouragement would be helpful! I'm nervous I'm going to have this cold the whole time :(

It is somewhat common to get a cold/flu in the first bit of Whole30, especially if it is a large departure from how you were eating previously. There is a bunch of rebalancing and healing going on and sometimes the immune system doesn't have as many "soldiers" defending it as it normally does and a bug can sneak by. Just keep on..........or restart when you're feeling better. :) 

I hope you feel better! I am also new to W30 so I don't have a lot of information to give you, but if you're going to stick with your W30, I do want to recommend chicken vegetable soup with homemade chicken broth if you have the energy to make it or have someone who can make it for you.

I make mine with chicken broth, chicken, celery, carrots, potatoes, but add whatever veggies you enjoy most. It's delicious and it always makes me feel better when I am sick! (I usually add noodles but that's not the most important part of the soup anyway, so just leave them out for Whole 30 compliant ingredients).  And lots of tea :)