Starting Monday after Super Bowl Feb 6

tommysgirl

Anyone else? I am 55 and anxious to figure out if there is a food related cause to my life-long ENT/Sinus issues and my rosacea.  Also would like to drop a few lbs but mostly the quality of health issues but don't want to miss out on the fun of cheering on the Patriots with snacks and drinks.

I'm starting the day after the Super Bowl, too. My husband and I are both 40, and have been eating mostly healthful food for a few years, but we both struggle to stay on track. He has some gastro issues, and I have asthma and nasal allergies, and we're both thinking this will be the thing to help us see how much of what we are eating is affecting us physically, mentally, and emotionally. I'm lucky to have a Whole 30 partner in him.

I'm the planner, so I'll be menu planning for the next week so we can be more successful. 

Hi, thanks for responding...I have been obsessively planning and replanning lol.   I saw a recommendation for pepperplate.com, (there is also an app) and I think it is going to be really helpful as a planning tool.  I am about 1.5 hours from the closest Trader Joes and will be stopping by there next weekend to stock up.  My husband is totally on board with me doing this but hasn't read the book.   So though I am the cook and he will eat what I prepare he isn't fully committed to the reset idea.  

I have a college basketball game to attend on 2/11.   There will be a tailgate party so I have to plan for  what to eat and drink and what to say but I have faith.   I think the hardest thing for me will be giving up wine in the evenings....I have not gone without  several alcoholic beverages a week for a significant period of time since I was pg with my son who will be 22 in May.   But I feel like if I can't go cold turkey for a month then I have a problem that needs more than the Whole 30 ya know.  and I refuse to be "that girl" So anyway  I am feeling positive and a bit nervous but am looking forward to this.

On 1/29/2017 at 11:51 AM, tommysgirl said:

I think the hardest thing for me will be giving up wine in the evenings....

I am right there with you - I drink a beer or cocktail every night, and I'm not looking forward to giving up alcohol. But - I got some flavored water and club soda last night and it was delicious, and I think hot herbal tea will help, too. I'm thinking if I replace my drink with a different drink, I might trick myself into thinking I haven't given up anything :)

I have a fruity herb tea that I think will work well to replace the ritual of red wine and the bubbly water with lime or the mocktails in the book will be my cocktail substitute.  It will be hard for a day or two but I hope it gets easier over time.   I tell myself "If alcoholics can give it up what will it say about you if you can't."  But I will miss it big time.   Good Luck! 

27 minutes ago, tommysgirl said:

I have a fruity herb tea that I think will work well to replace the ritual of red wine and the bubbly water with lime or the mocktails in the book will be my cocktail substitute.  It will be hard for a day or two but I hope it gets easier over time.   I tell myself "If alcoholics can give it up what will it say about you if you can't."  But I will miss it big time.   Good Luck! 

What tea do you plan to drink? I love tea and am looking for a romantic substitute for Valentine's day! 

Archived