Day 27 - possible nut intolerance. Having negative results on Whole30

I am on day 27 and having all the opposite results from what is "supposed" to happen. Before Whole30 I rarely ate nuts and during Whole30 I have eaten a lot of nuts. I am wondering if I may have a nut intolerance. I have been experiencing joint pain, which I did not have prior to starting, blemishes, irregular and loose bowel movements,  and exhaustion. I have followed the plan exactly and I ate pretty healthy before Whole30. Anyone have a similar experience or advice?

1 hour ago, Kelly Crume said:

I am on day 27 and having all the opposite results from what is "supposed" to happen. Before Whole30 I rarely ate nuts and during Whole30 I have eaten a lot of nuts. I am wondering if I may have a nut intolerance. I have been experiencing joint pain, which I did not have prior to starting, blemishes, irregular and loose bowel movements,  and exhaustion. I have followed the plan exactly and I ate pretty healthy before Whole30. Anyone have a similar experience or advice?

I have experienced similarly. It's taken me 27 days to narrow it down to nuts but I am going to try eliminating them and extending the program for another week or two. My symptoms after eating them are: upset stomach later in the day, loose bowl movements, congested upon waking the next morning, blemishes, and bloating. My co-worker who is doing Whole30 alongside me also says she notices her blemishes and breakouts are worse when she's eating nuts. Not sure these symptoms are also directly correlated to nut cuncumption, but it's definitely worth experimenting with elimination! 

I've also found that I may be negatively impacted by dried fruit (even the compliant kind). 

Thank you. I am glad I am not the only one. I am eliminating all nuts starting today to see if that is the issue. Also, to clarify, I have only eaten compliant nuts such as cashews, walnuts, and almonds. Hoping this elimination will give me some of the great results others are experiencing. Good luck to you!

Archived