Hello all,

I did Whole30 (er... Whole19) towards the beginning of the month, and fell of the bandwagon one week ago. By "fell off", I mean I fell off, got ran over, and certainly haven't gotten back up. haha. 

But in all seriousness, I had to bake last Saturday for a sale, and after slipping up, I went into full-force binge mode. I struggled with emotional eating/binge eating before the W30, so this wasn't necessarily new, but I was hoping to find Food Freedom (reading Food Freedom Forever) during the Whole30. I havent stopped binging since last saturday-- eating so. much. sugar., going out to ice cream, multiple brownies a day, eating whatever bread is in sight, midnight snacks... You name it. And my stomach is suffering because of it. It's been a rough road, but I just keep going down it.

I know that the Whole30 isnt the end-all-be-all, complete health-fix and Food Freedom Gateway. But I do think it's going to be the best way (I hope) to help me reach food freedom. I'm just afraid if I start again (thinking either tomorrow or Monday) I'm going to go off the rails (hard) if I get the chance. (There are many special events in February. I honestly do not mind missing the food aspect of them- I focus way too much on food anyway- but I know there will be so many opportunities to slip). I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any strategies to get through??

I know I need to cut out nuts, Larabars, and plantains this time around. Those were not good news last round.

I really just want to live in a way that my focal point in life is no longer on food. If I never eat sugar again, so be it. (easier said than done, huh?). But I just really want to get over this feeling of being out of control every moment of my life. I'm afraid it will never stop. Anyone else have similar experiences?

Archived