Starting TOMORROW! January 29

jmo472

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, caseypo said:

I know it is a part of the process that is recommended, but I didn't think it was required. I'm doing it, but I know of other people who have done Whole30 and not done the reintroduction. Am I wrong?

We can't force anyone to do reintroduction, but we would strongly encourage it. 

Some people feel good after 30 days and plan to just keep going forever, so they feel like reintroduction isn't important. Others feel they didn't get the results they want, so don't bother. Some think of whole30 as just another 30 day diet and don't put much thought into life after. And some plan to reintroduce, but stress or other factors cause them to go off the rails before they finish their reintros. So there are people who don't do them. We strongly recommend you all do them, though.

I'm doing the reintro!! Based on the 3 days I went off plan the first time I tried this, I know I have some sensitivities. I'm guessing gluten, but am not really sure. I reintro'd legumes with no problem (decided I would go ahead and do black beans, peanuts and soy in one day - I figured I could always divide them up later if I had an issue). I was planning to reintroduce non-gluten grains today - but I didn't make it to the store to get what I needed. My non-gluten reintroduction will now last 1.3 days instead of 1 - we're having rice with dinner tonight (it's the only night we really get to eat together as a family) and then I'll try corn and some gluten-free bread tomorrow. That puts dairy on Tuesday and gluten next Friday - assuming I don't have any issues. I'm really planning to stay Whole30-ish - focusing on whole foods and healthy fats. It will be nice to be able to relax a little (not worry so much about added sugars and be able to have "worth it" foods again). But I feel like I need to go through reintroduction to be able to accurately weigh whether or not something is worth it! If gluten does cause me inflammation - mom's homemade rolls may be worth it but that leftover sandwich from the catered lunch may not be. Plus, I committed to doing Whole30 - which, for me, included reintroduction.

Archived