Yawning in AM and PM again :(

Meeshboo

On Day 21 and am still feeling overall very excited and positive about the program! I experienced amazingly consistent energy for the firs two weeks or so. But this week I have been hit with the tired bus around the usual 2-3 pm again :( I am eating half an avocado with each meal as my fat and of course use either EVOO or ghee to cook my meals so I get a tad bit more fat there. I do workout about 4 times a week and have only accomplished to work in pre-workout meals but just go straight home and eat a regular meal, not an additional full meal. Any suggestions on where I should start looking first to adjust my food to experience that awesome energy level all day again?

• Moderators

Well first, eat the additional post work out meal.  You earned it and it is designed to be specific to helping you recover... lean protein and starchy carbs eaten within 30 min of working out.... you're not eating enough to not eat dinner after so start there.

When you ditch the post work out you're cheating yourself out of that earned fuel; as well, your regular meal has fat which slows down absorption of nutrients, which is why we say lean protein and starchy carbs.

Are you eating to the template?  Often when people are feeling tired or lethargic, it's because they're not eating enough... it's good that you've got the avocado going on your meals but what else are you eating and in what portion sizes/meal timning?

Thanks for the reply SugarcubeOD. I will definitely work the post workout meal into my routine! I knew it was important but just wasn't taking that extra step to make it happen. 

I feel I am very much eating to the template. (But we know how feelings are sometimes. Ha!). I have not had any snacks since starting and am really focusing on just keeping it to the three well-rounded meals as suggested by guidelines. I am usually a small and frequent eater but am now sure to eat until my breaks tell me to stop and am usually held over until next time to eat (7 am, 12 pm, 7 pm). I eat at least a palm size of meat, half avocado and probably 1 - 1.5 cups of cooked veggies. I have a sugar addiction so have only had one mandarin since starting the challenge. I never feel hungry after I eat (I usually feel really full) and have never been starving or hangry while on the plan. I don't do any caffeine but never really did before either. Thanks for your help!!! :D

Archived