Can a Moderator check please?

rioannidis71

Ok so...here is what I typically eat but wondering if I am on the right track with this. I have tweaked since Thursday when I got some feedback so what about this?  I was feeling great until day 8 or so and then started to feel bloated.  No scolding necessary but I have been weighing myself and on day 9 actually gained a pound (after losing 6)

Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled in coconut oil and mixed bell peppers

Lunch: chicken breast with snap peas and avocado

Snack: Banana or berries

Dinner: Chicken or lean meat stirfry in coconut oil with handful of cashews and lots of veg and sweet potatoes (or butternut squash)

• Moderators

It's hard to tell amounts from what you've listed, but if you're having at least a palm-sized portion of meat (length, width, and height of your palm), and at least one serving of fat as outlined on the meal template, and filling your plate with vegetables, then your meals should be fine. If you're not easily able to go 4-5 hours between meals without being hungry, make your meals bigger.

Between meals, if you're truly hungry -- as in you'd eat something bland and boring like steamed fish and broccoli -- have a mini-meal of protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three. Don't have fruit on its own. It can raise your blood sugar, which can then drop -- leaving you tired and hungry.

And look, it's not scolding, but not weighing yourself is one of the rules of the program. It's there for a reason. Try to relax and just go with it, and see what happens. Worrying about your weight, focusing on the scale every day -- that causes stress. Stress raises cortisol and can cause weight gain. The other problem with weighing every day is that weight naturally fluctuates from day to day, or even over the course of a day -- sometimes by a few pounds for some people. It's unlikely that you've truly gained a pound of lasting weight in one day, it's more likely that it's just fluctuating some based on what you've eaten, how much salt you've had, how much water you've had, and when you'd last been to the bathroom.

Some bloating is pretty common around days 8-10, but if you continue to feel bloated, look at the vegetables you're eating. Raw vegetables are more likely to cause gas, bloating, and other digestive issues, so if you're eating lots of raw vegetables, try cooking them. You don't have a lot of nuts listed here, but if you're eating them regularly, keep in mind that they can also cause digestive issues for many people. Some people also have issues with certain types of vegetables -- most commonly FODMAPS or Nightshades -- if you look at that information, and realize you're eating a lot of one of those, maybe try cutting back on them and having other vegetables for a while and see if that helps.

Archived