Is there any point of reintroducing if I still have digestion issues?

MJ44

I am almost to day 30, day 28 here and have not had a solid BM once.  I am quite frustrated at this point and want to know if I should just keep going and limit FODMAP foods to see if that helps first and skip the reintroduction?  I'm not sure if I should do the re-intro or not.  Please help.  I could list out what I've eaten in the 28 days but I do eat Apples, dates, a new nuts but not a ton of nuts.  Almost every meals has onion in it and red or green or yellow peppers.  I just started taking a probiotic again to see if that will help, I've also been drinking "GUT SHOT" the last week and that hasn't helped.  Breakfast usually contains eggs.  It just feels very annoying that I'm eating very healthy and still hasn't helped my diarreah!   I also drink Kombucha and that apparently doesn't help either. 

Yeah, I'd hold off on reintroductions until you get your gut to a good place, otherwise you'll not be able to distinguish any reactions from what you are experiencing now.

If FODMAPs ARE the issue (and they aren't always!) then the nuts, dates & apples need to go for sure (for now at least), as do the onions - and garlic if you use it. The peppers should be fine unless your gut is struggling to digest the skin, which may also mean that things like tomatoes are out too... Probiotics are great, but when the gut is already inflamed gut shots (& even sauerkraut sometimes) can be a little too much and cause more problems - probably better to stick with a probiotic supplement or kombucha for now. 

It would probably be more helpful to see what you have eaten over the past 3-4 days so that we can give more informed advice.

Archived