Do I pay attention to calories?

Ok I have a question. Do I need to worry about how many calories I take in? I am logging my food on my phone. I have never done this before. I am eating but eating a lot of veggies that I'm learning to love! However, on my app it shows I am barely getting 1100 calories. Do I need to worry about this? (And if this is the case why am I not losing like crazy?) I am only on day 16 and I seem to be going slower than the normal steps.... uggggg 

• Moderators

We have no idea what 1100 calories is in relation to the meal template and your personal context of palm size and thumb size...

What are you eating?  Can you post some days of food intake along with portion sizes and specific protein, veggies and fat and we can see what's going on. 

You shouldn't be logging your food on an app tho... that totally negates learning to listen to your own body's hunger and full signals... list out your food and we'll help you get there.

Ok I only list my food so I can see what I'm eating but for breakfast I made potato hash browns then mixed that with eggs scrambled. That consisted of 1/2 potato and three eggs but I only ate half of what I made. Cooked in extra virgin olive oil salt and pepper. For lunch I had a chicken breast sweet potato sliced and baked with olive oil and salt and cinnamon. For dinner I had shredded beef on a salad with guacamole. Somewhere in there I had an apple. I also had half of a banana at breakfast. 

• Moderators

Okay, so you can work on tweaking your meals.

Have you seen the template? It's linked in my signature below... 1.5 eggs and 1/4 of a potato is barely any food... if you have a hard time eating at first in the morning, when you feel you can't eat anymore, pack it up and bring it with you and eat from it again as soon as you are able.  You should also be adding 2-3 cups of non starchy veggies to your breakfast and the oil that food is cooked in is often split among servings and stays mostly in the pan so you could use some additional fat with your breakfast.

I can't tell about lunch because there is no quantity or portion size listed but you also need fat and non starchy veggies.

Again with dinner, it's not possible to know how much protein you had from the way you've listed it but salad is not a hearty veggie and needs to be a bucketful to make a dent... think of how it wilts down... 

You can post your food logs here on the forum... it doesn't track calories but you can have your own food diary of sorts

http://forum.whole30.com/forum/24-your-whole30-log/

• Moderators

@dcmom Hi there;

I've removed your post as we do not encourage calorie tracking and the entire paragraph you wrote was how many calories each thing she ate was or could have been. This is exactly the type of tracking that is not supported by the program.

Archived