Day 25, Accidental Slips

I'm on day 25.  I realised a couple of days ago that the cashew nuts I had been occasionally snacking on have peanut oil in/on them.  I thought they were natural.  I haven't eaten that many, just a few occasionally.   This morning I ate some sausage which I believe probably has sugar and / or corn products.  We were at a family breakfast and I completely forgot to mention that I'm doing this so the host made me eggs instead of the pancakes but I ate the sausage.  I've tried to find the product online but I don't know exactly which it was so it's an assumption.  

Anyway, how much is this likely to 'ruin' the Whole30 in terms of inflammation, digestive upset, etc.  I'm mainly doing this to sort my body out to try to get pregnant so I'm not bothered about weight loss and I rarely get sugar craving without this.  I came from a healthy diet.  I'm wondering whether to add a couple of weeks to the program.  It hasn't been especially hard except for this morning.  Also, I don't feel particularly different.  I was expecting a 'miracle' of energy and enlightenment and that's not really happened.

If you were planning on carrying out the reintroduction phase then unfortunately this will have impacted your 'clean slate' regardless of how few you consumed. Peanuts & corn (sugar not so much) are known to be inflammatory and so you won't get a true result from any reintroductions if you were to carry them out now.

That said, the changes you have made over the last 25 days will only have done you good, so you've still made progress, and have still been doing good for your body.

Ultimately you decide how you want to proceed though - have a read at >this article< and let us know your thoughts.

Thank you. I will continue with the Whole30 for longer. I'm so annoyed with myself for forgetting to tell them! Hubby didn't even want to go to this breakfast but I said we should. Luckily I've enjoyed Whole30 eating so it shouldn't be a big problem. I intended to follow as much of this as I could long term anyway. 

Archived