Started today with the Whole 30 Daily.

gboyum

Started my first Whole 30 today. I have been telling myself I was going to do this for a few months now and the Whole 30 Daily gave me the incentive to actually start.

What I have working for me: I have been fallowing a WAP type diet for over the last year. I run a small farming operation with my husband so we generally produce everything we eat, and I know exactly where my meat comes from and what it ate.

What I have working against me: Two kids, husband, job, and the Dairy Queen!

While in my 20's I was pretty athletic and ran most days of the week, I ate pretty healthy but didn't hesitate to treat myself ever. I was able to maintain a pretty healthy weight and felt good most of the time. Graduate school, two kids, and one career later I can't seem to feel "healthy" ever. I feel pretty stressed and tired most of the time, my skin is dull and splotchy, I have permanent dark circles under my eyes, and I have about 20 lbs of baby weight still hanging on. I don't have time to dedicate myself to an exercise like I used too either.

I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of the importance of good food, but don't always follow through. I am hoping this program can help me get on track.

Day 4 already! So far so good, as I mentioned I ate generally healthy before so I don't think my withdrawal has been very bad. I was VERY cranky day one, and just tired the last couple of days but that could be from kids waking during the night as well. Tomorrow I have a day-long seminar that I am a little worried about, breakfast and lunch are provided, and I'm sure they are not going to be compliant, so I am planning on bringing some hard boiled eggs with. Also I think day 5 was the "kill everything" day and I am hoping I can deal with that at the seminar.

Also, today I purchased my first jars of coconut oil and coconut milk. I found it to be rather tasty just out of the jar (I also enjoy fresh pastured butter straight but none of that for the next month!). I miss my morning latte, so tomorrow I am going to try espresso with coconut milk.

Day 4 already! So far so good, as I mentioned I ate generally healthy before so I don't think my withdrawal has been very bad. I was VERY cranky day one, and just tired the last couple of days but that could be from kids waking during the night as well. Tomorrow I have a day-long seminar that I am a little worried about, breakfast and lunch are provided, and I'm sure they are not going to be compliant, so I am planning on bringing some hard boiled eggs with. Also I think day 5 was the "kill everything" day and I am hoping I can deal with that at the seminar.

Also, today I purchased my first jars of coconut oil and coconut milk. I found it to be rather tasty just out of the jar (I also enjoy fresh pastured butter straight but none of that for the next month!). I miss my morning latte, so tomorrow I am going to try espresso with coconut milk.

(3rd W30- Day 4 here) I have tried to enjoy my coffee with almond or coconut milk, but really- I just don't have the taste for the alternative to milk or cream in what is my favorite beverage. I grind a little fresh nutmeg and sprinkle cinnamon in, too. It is reminiscent of holidays and pampering with the cheat, off-flavor, or anything. It keeps the "I know what this should taste like and it just doesn't" at bay.

The kill all the things day, good for conference. Hope you enjoyed it! I have a kids program to work on today. No room for this in my day...

We are close in timeline... buddy?

(3rd W30- Day 4 here) I have tried to enjoy my coffee with almond or coconut milk, but really- I just don't have the taste for the alternative to milk or cream in what is my favorite beverage. I grind a little fresh nutmeg and sprinkle cinnamon in, too. It is reminiscent of holidays and pampering with the cheat, off-flavor, or anything. It keeps the "I know what this should taste like and it just doesn't" at bay.

The kill all the things day, good for conference. Hope you enjoyed it! I have a kids program to work on today. No room for this in my day...

We are close in timeline... buddy?

The nutmeg in the coffee sounds really good! I read a recipe for a pumpkin spice creamer the other day, with coconut cream, pureed pumpkin, and spices. I was thinking of giving that a try.

I really haven't had a lot of cravings until this weekend; I baked bread and made yogurt and feta for the family (we have a milk share and now that I'm not drinking it we need to use it). It was hard to not at least try what I made.

I haven't been able to get on the forum lately, just pretty busy, but it would be great to have more whole 30 support.

Have you made the Pumpkin Spice Creamer? Would you be so kind as to share the recipe?

http://thecoconutmama.com/2012/10/dairy-free-pumpkin-spice-creamer/

I haven't tried it yet but I do have a couple of pumpkins I will be cooking this week so it is on my list. The recipe calls for honey or maple syrup, which I will omit. I wouldn't think that it would need added sugar.

Archived