Starting 1/30/17 and looking for support!

YanaBoo

Hey everyone! I'm Yana and this is my 1st time doing Whole30. I'm looking for support and tips to make this process a little easier. I also have a 3 year old and would love to get him involved so any suggestions for how to do that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I started today, too!  This is also my first time.  I have a 3 year old, a 6 year old and a 40 year old (husband).  The hubby will be eating Whole 30 dinners.  He's super supportive, so that's great.  I hope to slowly change the kid's diets but they are both a challenge to feed to begin with so I intend to master this first then hopefully, armed with some great recipes get them eating less sugar.  We are reasonably healthy eaters to start with but certainly not sugar and processed food free so we have lots of room for improvement.  

My creamer-less coffee this morning was rough.  Really rough.  But, I survived.  I had scrambled eggs with spinach and tomatoes for breakfast and just had a salad with balsamic dressing (homemade) for lunch.  A chicken with carrots and potatoes is already in the crockpot for dinner.  The kids will eat that tonight, too as that is something we would normally eat anyway.

I'm looking forward to the first few days of this being over but excited to see long term benefits to our health!

I didn't even bother with the coffee. I'm pleasantly surprised that I don't have a full on headache happening at this point from the lack of sugar and/or caffeine. I'm the only one in my house doing Whole30 so this may get interesting but I'm definitely committed and cannot wait to start seeing the positives!

Hi...My name is Marianne and I too started today. I had 2 eggs in red pepper rings fried in olive oil. and water to drink. I'm a bit lost without my coffee but at this point can't even fathom drinking it black. I will try in a couple of weeks.  My husband will be having what I make for supper with me and will support me. I also have one of my dear friends in the program to help. She is on day 23.

Started Whole30 today. I have a husband and five children ages 11, 10, 8, 6 and 3. I am doing it alone. I need to focus on me because I have been focusing on the children's issues for years. (Egg allergies, dairy allergies, gluten sensitive etc...) I had a cup of coffee today without sugar or my almond or coconut milk. It wasn't too bad. Well, the first sip was horrible but I persevered. And surprisingly didn't go for a second cup. I know that second cup was about the sugar or stevia. I need support along with anyone else starting today even though I have done elimination diets before. I have never completely ever eliminated sugar. And I have learned how to make "junk food" replacements with bananas, stevia, almond flours, raw honey, pure maple syrup and gluten free flours because of my children's allergies. So not doing that right now is gonna be interesting. As well as still making regular stuff for the family. Had black coffee and eggs for breakfast, squash/pumpkin soup with no dairy and no sugar, and an apple for lunch. Dinner is ground turkey with rice spaghetti and pasta sauce. Yea! I got one without sugar. So I just need to avoid the pasta. Okay, wrote a book here. Sorry!

23 minutes ago, Izze Fizzy said:

Started Whole30 today. I have a husband and five children ages 11, 10, 8, 6 and 3. I am doing it alone. I need to focus on me because I have been focusing on the children's issues for years. (Egg allergies, dairy allergies, gluten sensitive etc...) I had a cup of coffee today without sugar or my almond or coconut milk. It wasn't too bad. Well, the first sip was horrible but I persevered. And surprisingly didn't go for a second cup. I know that second cup was about the sugar or stevia. I need support along with anyone else starting today even though I have done elimination diets before. I have never completely ever eliminated sugar. And I have learned how to make "junk food" replacements with bananas, stevia, almond flours, raw honey, pure maple syrup and gluten free flours because of my children's allergies. So not doing that right now is gonna be interesting. As well as still making regular stuff for the family. Had black coffee and eggs for breakfast, squash/pumpkin soup with no dairy and no sugar, and an apple for lunch. Dinner is ground turkey with rice spaghetti and pasta sauce. Yea! I got one without sugar. So I just need to avoid the pasta. Okay, wrote a book here. Sorry!

I would say you have a reallly challenging 30 days but it sounds like you are on the right track.

I'm actually down one meal...i missed lunch. I need to be better prepared so I'm making a huge salad now so I'll have some for tomorrow. We got this...we'll help each other.  Did you read the book? I just downloaded it to my Kobo Arc ...i need to have more details.

We're almost finished Day 1...yay!!

I started yesterday too. No kids, just H and me. I'm pretty much on my own on this one because there's no way he would be able to give up grains. Bread is life for that man.

Made mayonnaise yesterday which made me feel really accomplished!

mayo.JPG

Eggs, spinach and peppers for breakfast. No coffee until I got to work in the afternoon. Packed a spaghetti sauce (made from scratch & no noodles) and zucchini noodles for one meal, and tuna salad on spinach for another. I made spaghetti noodles for him to take for his supper.

zucchini spaghetti.JPGtuna salad.JPG

Got home and roasted some spaghetti squash, roasted some chicken breasts, and hardboiled a bunch of eggs for use through the week.

This morning had an early appointment, had a hardboiled egg, banana, and handful of almonds for breakfast.

Big chicken salad on spinach with avocado mayo dressing for 2nd meal. I have tuna salad and veggies for another meal.

chicken salad.JPG

Been drinking a lot of water today. I have the mother of all headaches that won't go away. picked up some herbal tea from David's Tea to drink instead of water sometimes.

Anyone else in a fog today?

Absolutely...I woke up at 9:20 and could easily go back to bed and sleep some more. I have a house that needs cleaning and no energy to do it. I think I may be a bit cranky too but I'm alone right now. Guessing that's a good thing.

Your meals look delicious minus the spinach. I'm not a fan of spinach.

Sounds like you're doing well.  Keep it up!! I'm on day 3 and pretty much feeling as described by the Whole 30 program.

Have an awesome day!

How is everyone doing?? I'm just finishing day 9. I can't believe how many things that are happening to me have been exactly what they say will happen.

Even my dreams are accurate and of course, bizarre lol  My energy level is increasing. This past Sunday, I felt like the Energizer Bunny...I just kept going and going. I'm enjoying my meals. Grocery shopping was a breeze and I am cooking ahead. Pain levels are down...not gone yet but definitely down.

I hope everyone is having the same positive results. Please let me know. 

Archived