switching up the reintro schedule

immaginsane

I've been reading about reintroduction and I understand that it's set in a specific order to bring back the foods first that are least likely to cause a negative reaction. 

My problem is this: my first day off whole30 (day 31)... is my birthday!! Poor planning on my part. I'm thinking that I want to do sushi for my birthday dinner, meaning that I would switch days 1 and 4 from the reintroduction schedule. So I'll just have rice and leave out the soy sauce for that meal - no problem. Is something like that okay? I know there's no strict rule for this but I really would like to do it the best that I can so I understand what effect these foods will have on me. 

That means for dinner, I'll have rolls that are only fish, rice, and veggies - no sugary sauces or soy sauce (maybe I'll even bring my own bottle of coconut aminos! ;)). I won't worry about dessert, cause that's honestly not a big deal to me. The main issue is that my boyfriend and I always go out for a fancy dinner on my birthday to celebrate both of our birthdays AND Valentine's Day, so it's always been a little out of control haha. My birthday is actually on Valentine's Day, and his birthday is February 8th, so there's a lot to celebrate!

Anyway, I don't want to break our tradition but I also definitely don't want to ruin my first day off whole30 by going all-out with our dinner. We both love sushi so I thought this would be a good solution. Thoughts? Other ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance! :) 

The recommended order is only a recommendation, based on the ascending order of trouble certain food groups may cause. At one time, dairy was actually the first group suggested for reintroduction but was later moved to third. You are free to chose your own order, and non-gluten grains like rice are a decent choice for starting your reintro. Best wishes and Happy Early Birthday to you and your boyfriend!

Archived