Day 29 and no body changes

vegbelly

Hi, 

I know. I know....scale doesn't mean anything. But this isn't the scale. None of my clothes fit differently. This is my second W30. The first time I did it, I was also at my highest (but five pounds less than what I am now) and lost only a little weight. I tried on pants today that I wore very loose during my first W30 and they are skin tight now. My mood has been more stable and for that reason, I know this was a success. I can't help but admit though, I am somewhat frustrated. I have no idea where to go from here if eating like this and I still am at my heaviest, have acne etc. What will happen if I introduce more foods back? I have continuously just increased weight with every diet etc and now I think my body is just on shutdown.  It is hard not to look back and think if I did something 'wrong' but I know I haven't. Anyone relate?

Maybe give us some idea of what you've been eating the past couple days, with portion sizes and water intake?

Also, what in your life is different during this second Whole30 vs your first? Are you under more stress? Changed jobs, had a baby (I have no idea if you're male or female, but my friend's husband put on more weight than she did when she was pregnant), moved, etc? Are you not exercising now when you were before or vice versa? 

I can definitely relate. I worked my butt off and had minimal results too. I hate to be a Negative Nelly, but I had the exact same thought run thru my mind "I have no idea where to go from here" if I'm eating this good and nothing is happening....what's the point? I don't know what I could have done wrong either. Hopefully someone can help shed some light on this for us

Our mileage may vary. 

If the pants still fit we must acquit.  The Whole 30 is about changing our relationship with food and diagnostic testing at the end of 30 days. 

After a Reintro process, we go on to create our own positive food management plan. One that puts us right back into the driver's seat.  That plan may look similar to a Whole 30 with additional things that don't trigger more emotional eating or cause allergic reactions.

It was designed for 30 days.  That's absolutely the best option. I no longer believe it should be done in giant month hunks because that was not the original intention.  

The best part of a Whole 30 is the Reintro Phase.  How does eating white french bread make you feel? Does it trigger you to eat the entire loaf in one sitting.  Can you eat pasta and pizza without swelling up.  I can't.  

How about those paleo snacks and bakery items.  Is it no longer worth it to line up around the block for a $20 paleo cupcake.  Does it rain taco chips when you open a bag or do potato chips sweep you right off your feet. 

The 30 days of eliminating triggers or offenders is a mind bending experience.  We learn not to bring those offenders home.  It can be as simple as that.  Don't let them into your car or house.  There are many other takeaways from a Whole 30 and the Reintro Process.  

So what has been amazing is that as a person I am much more functional.  I have attempted a W30 about three times since my first one and for whatever reason, this time I was able to finish (Well, I finish tomorrow). I am no longer as depressive. For that reason, I know this has been helpful. I have always worked out...a lot. Like, up to 2 yoga classes and a spin class in a day. It was too much. I have been really scaling back to find balance and I know the more that I exercise, the hungrier I am and i get injured and it's just a big mess and I don't want my life to be going from class to class. My weight just keeps getting to a new high, thus I guess my metabolism has been affected by the constant yo-yo-ing of diets/overexercise etc. I just thought since I haven't been binging that my weight would change slightly. Just pretty nervous cause every time I go off of this, my weight goes to a new high...

Days have looked like this:

B: 2 or 3 eggs (cooked in ghee) with greens/avo and a few berries

L: Buffalo chicken casserole with greens and avo (recipe from paleomg) 

D;  W 30 approved chili with maybe a handful of some plantain chips, guacamole

S; If I snack I will have some carrots or a pc of fruit with a big spoon of cashew butter or something. I have had a few RX bars or a GoChomp bar throughout the month 

( I teach hot yoga so am sweating a lot of the day) I take about 4 classes a week and will throw in some walks, maybe 1-2 Barre classes throughout the week)

Are you having post-workout snacks? Drinking enough water and salting your food? 

I'm kind of getting the feeling that you might not be eating enough. If that's the case, your body is going to fight you to hold onto ever calorie and every teensy bit of nutrition it can get because it needs it. And then the weight creeps up because your body's reacting like a bear getting ready to hibernate. 

It feels really counterintuitive, but you need to give your body enough food so it can get used to the idea of not having to prepare for the worst. 

I appreciate your feedback. Yes I am aware of that. I put A LOT of salt on my food ;) .  I drink two 40ouces of water a day. Ha. But yeah, I mean I think that there are probably times when I snack a bit more cause I am hungry but I do really try to make my portions quite large. Considering the idea that I was overexercising and then just my food was all over the place, I am trying to limit output. That said, I no longer live in a city that requires me to walk. I now have to consciously go on walks just to move my body. Just getting myself to work when i lived in a city would require more steps that I can take in two days. I am just a bit at a loss....?

Archived