Meh results

So, I finished my whole30 almost two weeks ago, and I had some really "meh" results....both scale and non-scale victories. I started at 220lbs (6ft tall), only lost 6 lbs. My goal weight is 160lbs (which was my baseline weight before a running injury sidelined me 3 years ago, leading to massive weight gain). I did run/walk three days a week throughout my whole30. I lost about an inch off my chest, arms, hips, waist, but my before and after pics look virtually the same. My skin did not clear up, I had a massive breakout about 3 weeks in. I did feel a little more energetic, but almost depressed at the same time. I think it's because I had zero joy in eating, even though I tried a ton of new recipes and new foods. It's odd I felt that way, because I didn't miss sugar or have terrible cravings. My allergies did not improve, still had a lot of aches and pains, BMs and bloating did not improve.  I'm not sure why my results were not as great as I had hoped. Were my expectations unrealistic? I adhered to the rules strictly, read every single label...:drove my family nuts!  They were on board for the first few weeks, but then they were almost resentful of the plan. Honestly, I didn't bother with the reintroduction phase because I was so over the restrictions and tired of the disruption it caused for my family. I gave myself a week of unrestricted eating, and now back to a paleo-ish diet. I had thought about trying another whole30, but I'm not sure I can handle the disappointment again for as hard as I worked. I feel like I'm almost at rock bottom, so desperate that I've been researching Isagenix LOL. Any advice? 

The Whole30 is NOT a weight-loss diet. I'm sorry if that what you were looking for. I lost 0 lbs during my Whole30, but I'm learning so much during the reintroduction. The reintroduction is the meat of the deal. It's where you learn how these different foods affect your body. I've learned that cookies make me depressed, diary makes my stomach hurt, and processed grains like chips (and salsa) I have 0 brakes on (same with chocolate). I'm reintroducing gluten in a few days and am super curious about that. I also learned that my gut had some more issues than I had realized and went low FODMAPS, which led me to realize that foods I thought were okay actually, combined with other high FODMAPS foods, were causing me pain. 

I know it's hard. I totally get it. I was sobbing frustrated when I finished my 30 days and didn't feel any different, but this reintroduction has been eye opening. 

Archived