Need help sleeping

Bee824

Help!! I don't know what to do anymore. I'm on day 23, and I cannot fall asleep! I've always had sleep issues, so prior to whole30 I would take melatonin and Benadryl to help out.  I'm getting around 5 hours a night, and I NEED more sleep, I just don't know what to do. I'm taking the Natural Calm magnesium, and a sleep tea.  Anybody have any ideas? 

Taking melatonin supplements long term can actually inhibit the body's ability to produce melatonin on it's own so you'll probably find it takes a little longer for your hormones to balance out. Are you eating witin an hour of wakening? Spending regular time outdoors, daily? Shutting off any screens an hour or so before bed? Dimming the lights after sunset? using black out blinds in your bedroom & shutting off any blue lights? (digital alarm etc) All these things will help with melatonin production.... And you could also start taking a vitamin D3 supplement.

4 hours ago, jmcbn said:

Taking melatonin supplements long term can actually inhibit the body's ability to produce melatonin on it's own so you'll probably find it takes a little longer for your hormones to balance out. Are you eating witin an hour of wakening? Spending regular time outdoors, daily? Shutting off any screens an hour or so before bed? Dimming the lights after sunset? using black out blinds in your bedroom & shutting off any blue lights? (digital alarm etc) All these things will help with melatonin production.... And you could also start taking a vitamin D3 supplement.

AH!!!! I had no idea! I eat about 10 min after I wake up. I don't spend much time outdoors,  I'm stuck at the office for 9 hours a day, but I do exercise when I get home from work.  I will definitely try the lights thing, usually everything is on, I even sleep with the tv on with sleep timer.  :blink:  Getting vitaminD3 today! thank you!!! 

Archived