Feb Reset - anyone?

saraip

saraip: gummy bears and alcohol ..lol. That's a great one! Alcohol is the most difficult part for me on Whole 30... was today in the pub and sitting in front of mineral water was very difficult especially when my partner was sipping a delicious craft beer... ehh.. 

From sins section: I confess that I had some sugar cravings last week (my blood sugars were elevated slightly which I think is due to hormones) and on two occasions I made a sort of a smoothie from coconut milk and blueberries. ...and I ate nuts knowing that they are not good for me.. felt irritation in the stomach after few almonds with the skin so I moved onto blanched ones and they were a little bit better however psychologically I totally messed up. I think I am getting bored with food :mellow:

@fitnnhealthy I'm sorry to hear about unexpected things happening...it can be hard sometimes.  Honestly, I think you shouldn't push yourself to the end if the Whole30 places more stress on what you're already going through.  It's not worth it.  You might feel better if you relax a little...

I "think" I'm not as bloated AND I feel more in control of my diet now after 2 weeks.  I hope that I continue to do so. 

Don't stress too much!  I do hope you will stick it though with me but I also understand that Whole30 can be a lot of work!  Do whatever is best for you, we can always do another reset together further down the road!

@karo1500 I feel ya!  I was totally getting bored with roasts...so I looked up some simple recipes and the ones that I really enjoyed were;

1) avocado pesto - I put it on my veg or chicken

2) homemade thai curry paste (green) - I made a sauce with coconut milk or as a stir fry paste in vegetables!

3) oxtail stew, served with cauliflower rice

4) salad - tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, avos - topped with salt, pepper, and lemon juice (sometimes I add chili flakes or powder in as well, I love spicy food!)

I think sometimes prepping and cooking is time consuming so we stick to the same thing over and over again. 

I'm now on Day 15!  Feeling extra hungry today!!

Day 17 - feeling the difference!  Woke up with Tiger Blood this morning, so I started the day with double session, Abs & Arms resistance, and a T25!

Stomach is completely back to normal, not bloated anymore, seriously, I feel great today!  Just have to keep it up for 13 more days then here comes a proper reintroduction :D

@saraip  

you actually made me think of a slowcooked oxtail! Thats a brilliant idea! 

I think I'm moving on to a further stage of dealing with food... I've no problem with the types of food I'm eating (well maybe missing few..) but I miss the psychological reward of for example picking on few nuts here and there, baking paleo cookies etc. It's hard now and I think I'll have to address it properly on my next 30days. It would be too much in this round as I'm already addressing digestive issues (which seem to be really much better now!). 

Yeeeyy for Tiger Blood! Lucky you! 

@fitnnhealthy I agree with saraip. There is not much point of exhausting yourself and at the same time loosing the good morale of it. Let us know how are you doing and I hope that the family situation comes back to normal soon 

Today I had a bad day in terms of whole 30 and I chose not to eat at all rather than eat something that I dont know what it has in it.. (plus I forgot to take my insulin kit with me..) so I had a 12hr gap between the meals ... hunger wasn't bad and a cup of coffee helped a lot 

@karo1500 Did you get around to making some food that excites you?

I'm unable to do the "perfect" Whole30 - I do have a handful (or 2) of nuts here and there...I feel like this is a cleanse more than anything. 

At the beginning of each reset, I put so much focus on losing weight but I've recently changed my thoughts on that.  I truly want to live eating a balanced diet and feed my body properly.  I've kicked the "skinny model" thoughts aside and I'm just going with what I feel most comfortable with.  Of course all my food are still compliant and I'm not recreating treats, but if I'm in need of a snack, I'll go for it. 

How are you doing?

I'm on Day 22!!!  Time is flying by!

I'm trying the below recipe tonight...so excited!

http://soletshangout.com/roasted-kabocha-squash-carrot-ginger-soup-with-lamb-meatballs/

It's only 6days left! I can't believe it!!!!are you thinking of your reintroduction already? I am still deciding what I will reintroduce first.  

Miraculously I am not bored with food that much anymore (maybe because I am allowing myself to have berry/coconut milk smoothie -at this stage almost everyday or every second..). But inspired by your comment I am planning on getting oxtail and cooking it in the slowcooker over the weekend. Your soup looks delish! I wish i could eat squashes ... I miss butternut squash and carrot soup. i love it but it's too carby for me... 

I wonder how's your Tiger blood? 

Archived