My first Whole30

Kathryn

Hello!

I am a college student and I started reading about Paleo several months ago and just a couple of weeks ago I found Whole30. Today is day 2 for me and I am really excited/a bit nervous! I am recovering from years of ED and sugar addiction/binge eating. I need to find a way to eat to live, that satisfies and where I'm no longer obsessed with food. I surely hope I'm able to stick to this, I am totally devoted!

I am also choosing to cut out television and face book during my Whole30. Instead of those time wasters, I'm choosing to spend extra time journaling and doing mindfulness activities (long walks, yoga, stretching, etc). So far so good! I'm going to use this log to keep track of what I'm eating each day.

Day #1

Bfast- eggs and sausage

lunch- cashews, banana, grapes, cucumbers, carrots

dinner- salmon, sweet potato with coconut butter, broccolli

Great first day. It was long and hectic, but I did an hour of yoga and felt overall great!

Day # 2

Today's been really good. I'm finding that I don't think about food unless I see something that's a trigger item for me (i.e in the grocery store, in an ad, when passing a fast food chain, etc). I know that things are going to start getting a lot harder soon, though! I hope I'm prepared!

bfast- eggs and sausage

lunch- cashews, grapes, cucumber, carrots

snack- handful of strawberries

dinner- curried shrimp, sweet potato, broccoli with coconut butter, yellow squash

On to day 3!

Welcome to your first whole30 :D

You're doing great so far, keep up the good work. I am on day 3, and feeling great.

I've been looking at your food intake, and i'm thinking you might not be getting enough protein in all your meals. Specially your lunch time meal, there seems to be no protein :mellow: just from my experience, protein helps keep cravings away, and helps me feel satisifed for longer. Not to mention helps keep my muslces.

Just something to think anout ;)

Hey girl!

Thanks for the post. I think you might be right. The only thing that makes things tough for me is that I'm at school or internship all day, and it would be too complicated (and probably not too healthy) to have meat sitting out/in my book bag. Any suggestions? Maybe I should just start eating an avocado with lunch instead.

Hmmmmm well not ideal, but how about some tuna, or something like that. That doesn't require refrigeration. Or you could throw in some almonds.

I work in an office and dont refridgerate my lunch, and i have chicken all the time. If the office is cool enough, you might be able to get away with it.

Otherwise you could make a bone broth, and take it in a thermos. And avocado is a good idea, cos of the fat. I guess add the avocado and see how you feel ;)

Day #3 food :)

B- sausage and 2 boiled eggs

L- Cashews, banana, carrots, medium apple

D- beefsteak, broccoli, green beans, sweet potato (mmm)

S- cucumber, grapes

Felt pretty good today, noticed I grazed a bit more though which I don't like. I think I definitely need to up my protein or fat and decrease my fruit. It's just so much easier to grab a piece of fruit or veggies than meat it is meat! & all of the beef jerky I found had added sugar in it. Anyway.. on to day 4!

I definitely had a small binge party last night with fruit, nuts, and a bit of sausage. I am such a good rationalizer! :/ Well I have a strong resolve to make it through this day without getting off track. Need to break this food addiction!! ahh!

AHHH! my first whole 30 too! I just posted almost the same problem last night- minus the sausage and adding some serious nut butter! GOOD LUCK! keep trying to avoid the constant stream of pizza parties and cake!

suggestion: I bring an avocado with me to every meal I don't make myself, or I order a side of it at restaurants. That little boost keeps me full AND whenever someone bugs me about it they always accept a sliver of the green goodness!

OH! and for the fruit binges, I started freezing banana slivers and I've found that I might eat 2 or 3 slivers cut up and frozen instead of taking down 2 or 3 pieces of fruit. Plus, bonus, it reminds me of ice cream.

Archived