Sleeping

Whole30 has changed my life- feel terrific.

One strange thing though-- since starting 30 days ago I have the tendency to wake up at 230 in the morning wide awake for anywhere between 30 minutes and 2 hours. I used to sleep like a log and probably had hard time waking up. I don't even have caffeine anymore except in slight teas, but not many. Thoughts? I would have thought i would have slept more soundly and woke up more refreshed?

• Administrators

What time are you going to bed? Are you too cold or too hot when you wake up? If you ate something do you think you'd be able to go back to sleep quicker?

I wonder what you are eating as a typical day. Could be that if you are undereating for your needs, your body is waking up early because it's hungry?

9 hours ago, ladyshanny said:

What time are you going to bed? Are you too cold or too hot when you wake up? If you ate something do you think you'd be able to go back to sleep quicker?

I wonder what you are eating as a typical day. Could be that if you are undereating for your needs, your body is waking up early because it's hungry?

Usually bed before 11. Perhaps I'm just more sensitive to caffeine since I have largely cut it out. Was having 4-6 diet cokes a day before I started this, now water and tea. I do agree with the potential undereating-- especially since my weight plateaued. I'll certainly continue with whole30 largely but can't say i have "figured out" my body and its sensitivity yet!

I had something similar going on once, and my eye doctor(without me even telling him) asked if I happened to wake up at the same time every night for no particular reason. (Yes). Turns out it was a dry eye/eyelids not closing all the way problem. (If you eyes are slightly open while you are asleep, they might eventually dry out and you still wake up x hours later, especially if there is a light source around you.) He prescribed some, well eye goo, like drops but really thick that kind of helped your eyes stick shut at night. I also changed to blackout shades. Did the eye goo for a month, have kept the blackout shades indefinitely. It helped a ton.

Archived